scar treatments

Moderator: talkhealth

Can you get facial scar treatment on the NHS?

Postby JMcgee33 on Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:06 pm


I have a scar on my forehead from an accident when I was 5, I’m now 25. The scar is about an inch long line that is dented and is visible mainly due to it being sunk. I don’t remember the accident and my father who was there at the time is no longer here. The scar is really affecting me and my mental health atm, I can not afford any treatments at this time but I want to try improve it in anyway. Creams and oils do not work, I think I a surgical treatment.
Does anyone know if you can get treatments for facial scars on the NHS? I’m happy to discuss this further with anyone, can send photos if required. Thanks
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:57 pm

Re: Can you get facial scar treatment on the NHS?

Postby talkhealth on Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:14 pm

Hi JMcgee33,

Thank you for posting on the forum, we hope that you will receive some replies soon from our other members who may have some advice for you.

Unfortunately we are unable to give out specific medical advice but please click on the link below to the NHS website and information on scars and treatment.

Hopefully this will answer your question.

Kind regards
talkhealth team
Read our health blog -
User avatar
Posts: 1384
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:29 pm

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests