Restless legs?

Moderator: talkhealth

3 posts
talkhealth

by talkhealth on Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:07 pm

Restless legs?

A member of our talkhealth community has asked:

Hi, I have just been reading about restless legs and am not sure if this is what I have.

It started a few weeks ago I thought I had been bitten by an insect and thought nothing of it but it turned out that I have been getting more and more my legs burn and I feel I have to scratch them I know I shouldn’t but it seems the only way to stop it itching.
It only happens at night when I am resting and when I go to bed. I very often wake during the night and have to put a cold compress on my legs to stop the burning. I thought it was due to a change of washing detergent but no it is still happening. No one else in the house has this just me.

Do you think its restless legs I would like to know.
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

DeborahWakefield

by DeborahWakefield on Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:05 pm

Re: Restless legs?

I want to more about this topic
http://www.avisregime.fr/leuxia-mastique-avis/

shown mikel

by shown mikel on Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:16 am

Re: Restless legs?

RLS symptoms are worse when the patient experiences stress, so reducing or eliminating consumption of the following substances (which can stress the body when ingested) can also help:
Caffeine
Nicotine
Alcohol

Effective treatments for RLS include:

1) Reducing stress and helping the muscles relax, for example:
Gentle stretching exercises
Massage
Warm baths
Acupuncture

2) Oral magnesium supplements can also reduce muscle tension and are particularly helpful for nighttime cramping

3) Low doses of the prescription medications Mirapex or Requip can be very effective at controlling RLS symptoms

If sleep is severely disrupted, there are other medication options. Tranquilizers, anti-Parkinson's drugs, anti-seizure medications, drugs that treat the pain of neuropathy, and/or low doses of narcotics can be used; but all have generally more serious side effects.

3 posts