yoga at home!

Moderator: talkhealth

64 posts
Afrin Sheikh

by Afrin Sheikh on Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:18 am

Re: yoga at home!

Hi everyone,
Yoga is very helpful for resolving any type of problem whether it is mental health or physical health. I have seen the power of yoga in my own home as my mother and brother was suffer from some major physical and mental issue but after doing yoga they are fully recovered now and enjoying a healthy life.

emilysunders

by emilysunders on Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:34 pm

The asana yoga or yoga postures "asanas" for beginner yogis is generally known for its sequence of various body positions more or less difficult and performed on an adapted yoga mat.

Asana, third pillar of yoga.

Originally Asana is a Sanskrit term translated as "sitting" or "the way of sitting".

Today, it refers to the yoga pose held still, comfortable and relaxed in order to bring about relaxation.

Named after the fauna and flora, the most famous positions are the tree (Vrikshasana) and lotus (Padmasana) posture.

YOGA POSTURES ACCORDING TO ANCIENT TEXTS
The word asana appears for the first time in the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, written between 200 BC and 500 AD.

Indeed, the yoga positions are part of one of the 8 limbs of yoga: the 3rd pillar of yoga.

Here, the term asana means sitting quietly in a stable and comfortable manner. You can see that originally there was only one yoga pose, sitting still and pleasant.

This one is called Padmasana, the lotus posture, with which one could calm the mind.

Later, according to a legend described in ancient texts written between 400 and 1000 AD (The Puranas), Shiva (Hindu god) revealed to men how to perform various yoga asanas in order to stay healthy, but also to gain self-knowledge.

YOGA POSITIONS INSPIRED BY THE ENVIRONMENT
You may have noticed that many yoga poses are named after wildlife.

Indeed, yoga asanas were invented by Rishis observing their environment and wishing to imitate the natural positions of animals, plants, and humans.

They had well integrated the fact that all living beings lived in harmony with nature and that they used certain postures for their virtues.

Subsequently, these sages created a system of asanas chosen according to their benefits, for example, the Shashankasana (hare) for relaxation.

YOGA ASANA, MUCH MORE THAN A POSTURE

Asanas are the different yoga positions held for a certain amount of time, without moving and without being uncomfortable.

But, they are not simple poses, they really work your whole body: organs, endocrine glands, joints, muscles, etc.. Some yoga postures compress parts of your body where the blood doesn't circulate.

When you relax, the blood circulates more quickly again, allowing you to detoxify, purify and cleanse this area. Yoga exercises are also good for your soul, chakras, and mind, as they can produce different sensations that change your state of consciousness.

It is, therefore, a way to harmonize and strengthen your body and calm your mind.

THE DIFFERENT TYPES OF YOGA POSES
In Hatha yoga, there are no less than 84 yoga postures. However, you will find various types. Some calm when others stimulate or nourish the being.

Asana standing,
Sitting posture,
Balance position,
Asana of recovery,
Bending posture,
Extension position,
Twisting asana,
Reverse posture.
Last edited by talkhealth on Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: URL removed per our terms & conditions

akki7581

by akki7581 on Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:20 am

hiii
yoga is best way to good health and improve our immunity and increase our will power..

akki7581

by akki7581 on Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:36 am

hiii
yoga is best way to good health and improve our immunity and increase our will power..

akki7581akki

by akki7581akki on Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:49 pm

yoga is very helpful for improving our health.

lucycarter

by lucycarter on Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:26 am

I do yoga on daily basis for the last two years and it really helped me to improve my condition of migraines or regular headaches. By regular practicing yoga, i feel relax and active all throughout the day.

georgewhittington

by georgewhittington on Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:14 am

Doing yoga at home can be a great way to jump-start your day before work, or wind down and relax after a strenuous day. As long as you take the proper precautions and take things slowly, exercising at home can give you most of the benefits of a yoga class without too much hassle.

scilover

by scilover on Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:13 pm

Oh yes.. Definitely..! I was also scrolling about Yoga because I heard people said it will be very helpful to increase health. And I have a back pain to start with. Coincidentally I found this article saying Yoga also can help with hair loss. But not to the optimum. Yoga somehow can help with blood circulation at our head, by consistently practice headstand yoga.

joana10vp

by joana10vp on Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:45 am

The trouble is that this MO clashes with my current goal of doing yoga three times a week because it’s the only thing that helps my back. (And it’s not bad for the rest of me, either.) Turns out low self-worth makes it hard to commit to self-care! Because, you know, what you don’t value, you don’t work to maintain. Frankly, I’m tired of it. If I’m going to be taking these hour-long classes three times a week, it would be nice to wear clothes that help, rather than hinder.
Yeah, I think it's really important to find clothes, that can help, and in which you will feel so needed comfort...

sophiakaile

by sophiakaile on Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:10 pm

You can record yoga classess when you have time you can do this

64 posts