Severe pain in nose and nose swelling

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
LaikaIsInSpace

by LaikaIsInSpace on Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:52 am

Severe pain in nose and nose swelling

Hi.
For six months now I have been suffering from problems with my nose. I have never known anything like it.
These are my symptoms:
>Swelling of the nose (skin looks thicker, end of nose grows larger)
>Severe pressure on the bridge of the nose and on the left side of it.
>Burning sensation and warmth in nose, particularly at the end.
>Occasional stuffiness in one nostril
>Skin goes red and bumpy unless I use the acne cream prescribed to me (I don't have acne anywhere else)

Note - no problems with mucus or runny nose at all.

The pain, burning and swelling is now so distracting that I spend most evenings holding icecubes around my nose.

I have visited two different GPs. The first prescribed nasal spray, thinking it was an allergy. This hasn't helped. The second prescribed antibiotics, thinking it was a bacterial infection. Again, it hasn't helped. Now I am feeling desperate.

I wonder if it is a growth or polyp?

I am very concerned because the problems began two days after I had a Hepatitis B vaccination back on 12th January 2017. Is this a coincidence or is it possible that this whole thing is a rare reaction to the vaccine? I have been looking up the side effects of Hep B jab and it lists under 'rare' side effects 'swelling of the inside of the nose'. It says medical help should be sought immediately. If this is the cause, what should I do, six months on, if I think I've had a severe reaction to the vaccine?

Please help if you can. I am a young woman about to go to university and this is really interfering with my quality of life and self-esteem.

Thank you.

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:35 pm

Re: Severe pain in nose and nose swelling

Hi,

Sorry to hear about your symptoms. How have things been since your last post? We hope you find the right solution for your condition.

talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

2 posts