Sjorgen's Syndrome?

Moderator: talkhealth

3 posts
Frances489

by Frances489 on Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:20 pm

Sjorgen's Syndrome?

Over the past few years I have been diagnosed with: IBS, Fibromyalgia, Laryngopharyngeal Reflux and kidney stones (I've now got 3). My GP has recently referred me to see an ophthalmologist about my dry eyes which are really bothering me and which don't seem to be responding to different types of artificial tears. I was also diagnosed with Lichen Planus in August, an autoimmune disease. It has seemed to be one thing after another!

Regarding my dry eyes, a friend mentioned Sjogren's Syndrome and I'm wondering whether to ask my GP what he thinks. I had an ANA blood test last year - the doctor wondered about Lupus - but it was negative. Has anyone else had this combination of problems which turned out to be Sjogren's Syndrome?

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:37 am

Re: Sjorgen's Syndrome?

Hi,

Sorry to hear about your symptoms. It is best to visit your GP about your dry eyes and see what they advise. Stay strong and we wish you the best in finding the right solution.

talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

Uptown101

by Uptown101 on Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:21 am

Re: Sjorgen's Syndrome?

I'm so sorry about hear that. The best way to do is visit to your doctor, for the best advice. Hugs and prayers send you.
according to our research:
Sjogren's syndrome is an autoimmune disorder. Your immune system mistakenly attacks your body's own cells and tissues.
Scientists aren't certain why some people develop Sjogren's syndrome. Certain genes put people at higher risk of the disorder, but it appears that a triggering mechanism — such as infection with a particular virus or strain of bacteria — is also necessary.
In Sjogren's syndrome, your immune system first targets the glands that make tears and saliva. But it can also damage other parts of your body.

3 posts