Toddlers's skin rash?

Moderator: talkhealth

3 posts
Adriano1974

by Adriano1974 on Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:03 pm

Toddlers's skin rash?

Hi Ladies and Gents,

A couple of weeks ago our two toddlers have developped a skin rash, first Luis the youngest one, and then his brother Liam, 3 years old, and although we did go to a dermatologist here in Leon (Nicaragua, we're Canadian Expats here) and also asked advises from a good pediatrician in Managua (Nicaragua), we're still strugglging a bit figuring out what the cause of it really is. We though at first that it was just a heat-rash due to the sudden increase of temperature here, over 37 degrees celsius, but since it also seemed to spread onto us on our arms where we have regular prolonged skin contact with them (breastfeeding, carrying them) we though it could also be a "fungus" or small viral infection.

At about the same time we also added lots of plants and new flowers in our tiny garden, so "also" considered the possiblitiy of an allergic reaction.

We're getting the results today of the exam from a lab at clinic mediteraneo for "fungus".

We've so far excluded the possiblity that it could be scabies, but basically we're not sure of much at the moment, and until we meet a more experienced dermatologist in Managua next week i figured i might ask you good people your oppinions and advices.

Here are some pics of their skin rashes, which somewhat does not appear much in the mornings but start really being prominent at the end of the day after a lot of sweating :$

I should add that they do not have any fever, or other signs of illness, they are up and hyper (:$) from 5h30 am til sunset storming the house and around upside and down. So we're not too worried about severe diseases.

Thanks a lot in advance for your advices, those little buggers are starting to be quite annoyed with it as it does itch a bit at times. So we're curious to hear educated experienced opinions with related matters.

Cheers, and have a great day.
Attachments
IMG-20180419-WA0007.jpg
IMG-20180419-WA0007.jpg (65.15 KiB) Viewed 3295 times
IMG-20180419-WA0005.jpg
IMG-20180419-WA0005.jpg (29.91 KiB) Viewed 3295 times
IMG-20180419-WA0004.jpg
IMG-20180419-WA0004.jpg (90 KiB) Viewed 3295 times

Nuheights

by Nuheights on Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:17 am

Re: Toddlers's skin rash?

Our journey started in 2013 with a goal of providing the best patient care to our very loved ones. I felt there was a significant need for pediatric care with compassion, trust and excellence. I felt parents needed an environment where their children were well taken care of and treated by physicians, as if they were their own. I didn’t know where this journey would lead us to and I still believe we are on a continuous path to accomplish our goals

HelenSwan

by HelenSwan on Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:45 pm

Re: Toddlers's skin rash?

I know it was a while ago, but maybe my advice will help smb in future:
Common scabies symptom is an itchy rash, worse at night. Continuous scratching of the infected area can create sores that become infected. If this occurs, additional treatment with antibiotics for the skin infection may be recommended. Common sites for scabies in older children and adults include the: wrist,
elbow, armpit, nipple, waist, buttocks, area between the fingers.
The rash itself can consist of tiny bites, hives, bumps under the skin, or pimple-like bumps. The burrow tracks of the mite can sometimes be seen on the skin. They may appear as tiny raised or discolored lines.
Last edited by talkhealth on Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: URL removed

3 posts