Unusual virus?

Moderator: talkhealth

3 posts
Countrygirl

by Countrygirl on Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:25 pm

Unusual virus?

I am new to the forums so hope you don't mind me posting so quickly but I am at my wit's end.
Has anyone else had a "flu-like" virus but without the whole range of flu symptoms lately, but one that just won't go away?
I am in UK by the way.

This weird stuff started all of a sudden on March 27. Before that I was fit and well, no health problems, good blood pressure etc, ate healthily, walked miles, fit as a flea!

1.30 pm on March 27 (2018) suddenly felt:
slight nausea
mild headache over right eye
shaky as heck
overall weakness
wanting to burst into tears!
Cold hands and feet
Heart palpitations

No fever and there never was one. And sleeping through the night (only to mostly wake up feeling sick.)

Hard to know what it was at first. Not really like flu, but a bit of a general "fluey" grunge feeling all the following days. All the while NO respiratory symptoms at all. Just the above. Felt as if I'd had way too much caffeine, and I hadn't. Only my usual one cup of coffee in the morning with breakfast which always suits me well

I did the usual...rest a lot more, drink plenty of fluids, took Echinacea and raw garlic and peppermint tea -which usually work a treat for any bugs.

That went on for 4 weeks! The third week I went to the doctor and he took blood sample (not heard yet about it) tested my blood pressure, lymph glands, listened to heart. All was well. And a urine test was all OK except my system was a tiny bit alkaline. The doc said a mostly vegetarian diet can cause that & didn't think it was anything to worry about, especally as my early morning sample was spot-on.

I felt queasy at random times of day, not related to anything I could think of. Sometimes worse in the first 3 hours after getting up. But I was eating well.

Now -starting week 5 the mild headache is still there. It won't shift. Meanwhile I have started getting some GI symptoms too. An "uneasy belly" -not quite diarrhea but loose stools (unlike me. I am normally healthy and regular in that dept.) Intestinal gurgling and rumbling. Loss of appetite. Nausea and shakiness in the morning, general weakness. I have always had a cast iron stomach, so what's nausea to me might be throwing up for others....I don't know. Ditto the headache. I never got headaches, so mine's mild but enough to drag me down. Others might get blinding migraine-like things.
It's hard to go for a walk or do any work outside. Have to rest all the time. Fortunately I'm retired so can do that. But this is so weird.

So many foods I can't face and am living on potato soup, toast, bread and honey, bananas, and soft boiled eggs. Can't finish even a small meal. Have to eat food in "snacks" all day.

I always ate fruits, veggies, fish, lentils, nuts, beans etc. Can't eat anything like that. I wouldn't even try. I am taking vitamin C, B complex and a general mutivitamin/mineral supplement to get me through.

This does feel like a virus to me knowing my health history with no other complaints. It hit me suddenly, and now just won't go away.

Has anyone else had anything similar? That drags on?

AprylD44

by AprylD44 on Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:45 pm

Re: Unusual virus?

Have you had any resolution?

Prycejosh1987

by Prycejosh1987 on Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:23 pm

Re: Unusual virus?

I think its the flu, speak to your GP.

3 posts