Extreme nausea and dizziness

Moderator: talkhealth

1 post
rhiannonsmith26

by rhiannonsmith26 on Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:00 pm

Extreme nausea and dizziness

So it started September 2016 when I started year 8, and I always felt as I felt I was going to throw up frequently. I would get dizzy and when I stood up things would sometimes go black. It lasted until around the end of November/ beginning of December 2016, but was the worst in September. Then it started again last may, but it wasn't as often. It lasted until august (last year) but got much worse about the end of the point I couldn't eat for a week which I imagine only made it worse. I went to the doctors when it started getting a bit worse in June when I could actually leave the house without thinking I was going to faint or throw up and he did some tests and said I was fine. He prescribed me prochlorperazine for the nausea and it sometimes worked but didn't at all when it got so much worse in that July, probably because it the nausea was probably mostly from hunger at that point. There would be very occasional moments when I didn't feel like I would throw up but still nauseous so I would take a sip of a smoothie to try and get something in my system and then in august I started feeling quite a bit better and not so weak and dizzy. Finally getting to my current concern, the nausea and dizziness has now come back about last week and it isn't as bad as July but I feel it getting worse and it concerns me as it has previously lasted about four months the previous times around the same ish times of year. I don't know if it's worth mentioning, the last 8(?) months I have been getting lots of different aches and pains for the same amount of time I've had hypochondria. I'm type one diabetic and have had it since for twelve years and my sugar levels run very high ( usually 18-40+ mmol/l) and I have anxiety and OCD about germs if that's any help. I just can't help thinking I have something very wrong with me but the doctors say I'm fine and I do not have blood ketones. It also feels like my sugar levels are low when they're my usual range and I went to the doctors again and all they said was that I'm fine and don't have time for me. Sorry for the long paragraph (at least it is to me on my iPad). I'm also fourteen