8 year old diagnosed with scabies but other dr says its not

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
rabaa1234

by rabaa1234 on Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:38 pm

8 year old diagnosed with scabies but other dr says its not

On Jun 22, 2018, I saw a rash on my daughter front and back but not on hands or feet. I gave her Benedryl thinking of allergic reaction from something When it didn't get better I took her to the dr and said its scabies and prescribed her Permethrin cream 5 %. I applied on Jun 25, 2018, and leave it for 12 hours and gives her shower.
I saw another dr today for my other younger daughter yearly physical and I told her that she might be exposed to scabies too as my daughter has been diagnosed with it. I showed my older daughter to her and she immediately said that it doesn't look like scabies to her.

She was prescribing my younger daughter for Permethrin cream treatment too but now she said to hold on and don't apply it.
Now I am confused as what is this rash all about. I am attaching pics . Please have a look. Thanks

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:55 pm

Re: 8 year old diagnosed with scabies but other dr says its

Hi Rabaa1234,

Welcome to the talkhealth forums.

It can be confusing getting two conflicting opinions from GPs. It would be advisable to potentially seek out a third opinion to see if they agree with one of the previous doctors advice.

Do let us know how you get on.

The talkhealth Team
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

2 posts