abdominal pain PLEASE HELP

Moderator: talkhealth

6 posts
NinaJane

by NinaJane on Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:41 pm

abdominal pain PLEASE HELP

I had a few drinks less than a month ago, the day after i had a terrible hangover, i spent the whole day throwing up, not eating or drinking anything. A few days later i started having light abdominal cramps that lasted ever since, i visited a doctor, she checked me up and gave me a treatement which i've been taking since a week but the pain doesn't seem to go away. I'm scared, please help

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:39 pm

Re: abdominal pain PLEASE HELP

Hi NinaJane,

Welcome to the talkhealth forum and thank you for your post.

We're really sorry to hear about the problems you have been having. If the pain is still there and the treatment your GP has given to you is not working, then it would be advisable to get back in contact with them. If you can get another appointment with your GP, they will be able to try and work out what is wrong and provide you any options that are available that may help further.

Do let us know how you get on.

Thanks,
The talkhealth Team
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

Richa_94

by Richa_94 on Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:02 pm

As you mention that you are going through treatment for abdominal pain still not getting the desired result, in that case, you should try some home remedies for, it might be helpful to you such as cinnamon, Applesauce, Ginger, Mint, and oatmeal. Including these items in your diet will surely help you get rid of the abdominal pain.
“It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.”

freklin00

by freklin00 on Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:01 pm

The pain is in your lower right abdomen and tender to the touch, and you also have fever or are vomiting. These may be signs of appendicitis.You're vomiting blood.You have a hard time breathing.
Abdominal pain can be treated by different doctors, depending on the cause of the pain. It is usually best to start with a doctor who can start the process of diagnosing the origin of the pain. Depending on the final diagnosis, you will be treated by a general practitioner (eg ulcers, infection) or you will be referred to a surgeon (appendicitis, ovarian torsion), gastroenterologist or gynecologist. If the pain is severe, you may end up in the emergency department where a first-aid provider is the first to take care of you.

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:25 pm

Hi NinaJane,

We're really sorry to hear you are still having problems. If the pain is still there and the treatment your GP has given to you is not working, then it would be advisable to get back in contact with them. If you can get another appointment with your GP, they will be able to try and work out what is wrong and provide you any options that are available that may help further.

Do let us know how you get on.

Thanks,
The talkhealth Team
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

sarahshapiro11375

by sarahshapiro11375 on Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:52 am

Hi NinaJane

Just wondering if the pain you're getting is running up to you back?
Hoping all is well

6 posts