Am at high risk of rabies?

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
thedarkghost

by thedarkghost on Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:10 am

Am at high risk of rabies?

Hi guys so iv been bitten by a kitten around 6 months ago she bit me in my right hand's ring finger it wasn't deep nor serious more of a scratch but it did break skin and i read the other day about rabies so I'm worried so here is the story of how it happened: so i had been feeding a feral cat for a month or so and it trusted me so after a month of me feeding her one day she came with four cute kittens they were all healthy didn't show signs of rabies nor aggression or anything they were playful and i gave them food and water and they were all eating and drinking including the mother and i held a piece of treat in my hand and offered it to one of the kitten and she ate it but accidentally bit my finger in the process and then the next day i had to travel for a long time so i didn't keep an eye for them and the wound healed within a week without infections or anything so am i at high risk given the fact that they were all healthy and eating and drinking and showed no signs of rabies or aggression and also the fact that a rabid kitten or cat would walk alone and show behavior changes and also given the fact that it has been 6 months and the wound was some what close to my brain not that far and thanks for any help iv been freaking out for a week.

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:11 pm

Re: Am at high risk of rabies?

Hi thedarkghost,

Welcome to the talkhealth forums and thanks for you post.

We suggest you schedule an appointment with your GP, they should be able to advise you on the situation and take any necessary precautions to avoid any complications.

Do let us know how you get on.

Thanks,
The talkhealth Team
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

2 posts