Where to go and who to see?

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
Harold69

by Harold69 on Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:59 am

Where to go and who to see?

18 months ago I had my neck fused (right sided c6/7 acdf) 12months later the pain in my right shoulder, arm , neck persisted.

I went to a different neurosurgeon and after some different tests he found I had a badly compressed Ulnar nerve in my right elbow. That was operated on and fixed. He sent me for a right shoulder MRI just to rule out any issues as he didn't expect to find any.

My shoulder has a type 3 slap tear and various other issues such as bone spurs, inflammation and smaller tears elsewhere. These problems are looked after by Orthopedic surgeons.

Now my question is, if you were me would you wait to go back and see the neuron surgeon to be told to go and see an orthopedic? Or would you just go ahead and organise it yourself?

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:06 pm

Re: Where to go and who to see?

Hi Harold69

Thank you for your post. We are sorry to hear of the difficulties you have been having with your neck, shoulder and arm.

Depending on the timescale of getting a referral from the neuro surgeon or just going ahead yourself and provided you can just go direct to the orthopaedic surgeon, that would seem to be the quickest solution.

Please let us know how you get on.

Kind regards
talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

2 posts