Heart Issue/Headaches

Moderator: talkhealth

3 posts
jtmreb123

by jtmreb123 on Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:05 pm

Heart Issue/Headaches

I had a TIA, just over a year ago, born with a heart murmur, no issues until recently. I take metoprolol 50mg 2 timers a day, also take baby aspirin. Aug 24th I had a spell, chest pain, tightness & heaviness so I took a nitroglycerin tablet, it eased the pain. For almost 2 weeks now I have had severe headaches, very tired & even some dizziness throughout the day. Regular aspirin, Tylenol & ibuprofen 600/800 have no affect on my headaches. Went to doctor Monday, got 2 shots & medicine for severe sinus infection, was also given pain medicine. I could take the pain anymore Sat the 14th so we went to the ER, they ruled out sinus infection, did some blood test & scans. Could not find anything that would cause the headaches. They want me to see my cardiologist because they think that blood flow/oxygen to the brain could be causing the pain in my head. I have no relief, nothing eases it, constant pain, tired & I have had some heart flurries since the episode a few weeks back. Just concerned that the home I have may be causing a lack of sufficient flow to my brain. Should I be concerned if this is the case. Just do t feel well at all, weak & pain bad for me probably 7 on 1-10 scale & it’s constant. Thanks for any info the TIA I had was scary moment for me & my family. I turn 40 in a few months and I just need to be around longer

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:46 am

Re: Heart Issue/Headaches

Thank you for your post jtmreb123. We can appreciate how scary being in constant pain can be. The best thing you can do is keep going back to your doctor and definitely visit your cardiologist as recommended and hopefully they will be able to either rule out things or pinpoint the problem.

Please let us know how you get on.

Kind regards
talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

Prycejosh1987

by Prycejosh1987 on Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:43 pm

Re: Heart Issue/Headaches

Drink lots of water and exercise in some form daily.

3 posts