by comfortfinds on Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:11 am

what is type 2 diabetes?

what is type 2 diabetes?

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:27 am

Re: what is type 2 diabetes?

Hi,
thanks for you question on the forum.

Have a look at this patients journey, published back in 2020 but it will give you all the information you need; http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/ta ... abetes.php

Hope this helps,

Regards

talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

PaulWhite

by PaulWhite on Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:11 pm

Diabetes is a chronic medical condition in which sugar, or glucose, levels build up in your bloodstream. The hormone insulin helps move the glucose from your blood into your cells, where it’s used for energy.
In type 2 diabetes, your body’s cells aren’t able to respond to insulin as well as they should. In later stages of the disease, your body may also not produce enough insulin.
Uncontrolled type 2 diabetes can lead to chronically high blood glucose levels, causing several symptoms and potentially leading to serious complications.

debora498

by debora498 on Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:10 pm

Both types of diabetes are chronic diseases that affect the way your body regulates blood sugar or glucose.
Last edited by talkhealth on Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: URL removed per our terms & conditions

katebrownell

by katebrownell on Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:23 pm

Type 2 diabetes is a condition when your body cells cannot use glucose efficiently for energy. When the cells become insensitive to insulin and the blood sugar gradually gets too high, you are diagnosed to have diabetics. Type 2 diabetics mean high blood sugar, insulin resistance, and relative lack of insulin.

tommyleaton

by tommyleaton on Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:24 pm

Type 2 Diabetes - A chronic condition that affects the way the body processes blood sugar (glucose). This happens when the cells become insensitive to insulin and the blood sugar gradually gets too high. There are two types of diabetes mellitus, type 1 and type 2.
Treatments: Exercise; Insulin

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:46 pm

Type 2 diabetes affects my father and my best friend. I am glad to know what exactly it means. Thankfully I have had a blood test - a few weeks just gone - and I hope there is no diabetes. I shall be seeing my doctor in a week or two. I certainly don't want to have diabetes.

A useful question: and answers I found important.

Latrice Sang

by Latrice Sang on Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:25 am

now its clear to me.Thank you :D

MollieRhodes

by MollieRhodes on Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:55 pm

Diabetes is usually a lifelong condition that causes a person's blood glucose (sugar) level to become too high. The hormone insulin produced by the pancreas is responsible for controlling the amount of glucose in the blood. Type 2 diabetes occurs when the body doesn't produce enough insulin to function properly, or the body's cells don't react to insulin. This means glucose stays in the blood and isn't used as fuel for energy. Type 2 diabetes is often associated with obesity and tends to be diagnosed in older people. Due to increased obesity, type 2 diabetes is now being seen in young people and all ages. It's far more common than type 1 diabetes.
Typical symptoms include:
feeling very thirsty, passing urine more often than usual particularly at night, feeling very tired, weight loss and loss of muscle bulk, slow to heal cuts or ulcers, frequent vaginal or penile thrush and blurred vision.
Aryan Herbals UK - Supplier and Manufacturer of Herbal Juices and Herbal Powders

Richard W

by Richard W on Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:17 am

Risk factors for type 1 & 2 diabetes Type 1 Diabetes Type 1 diabetes isn’t affected by your lifestyle or your weight.Type 2 Diabetes: Type 2 diabetes can be controlled and even reversed with diet and exercise alone, but many people need extra support which is why they rely on medication. If lifestyle changes aren’t enough, doctor may prescribe you medications that help your body use insulin in a more effective manner. Monitoring your blood sugar is an essential part of diabetes management as it is the only way to know if you’re meeting your targeted levels. Your doctor may recommend testing your blood sugar occasionally or more frequently, and if your blood sugars are high, your doctor may recommend insulin injections.

13 posts