home teeth whitening?

Moderator: talkhealth

14 posts
sydneyblack

by sydneyblack on Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:31 am

Re: home teeth whitening?

I would suggest you get to the dentist as it would be much better than doing it at home.
Teeth whitening is to be done carefully as it will affect your overall health. A store-bought whitening kit may result in irritating your gums and affect your teeth sensitivity.
Having to take to the dentist can have the result of long-lasting as they are professionals and they will have whitening agents which will not be harmful to our health.
Although it may cost a little bit, it will be worth it as it would be done by professionals making it a financial benefit. Doing it yourself may harm the gums and may result in affecting other parts of your mouth in which you will have to bear extra expenses for the same.
Dental experts will help in inspecting to see if there are any health issues that may cause by these teeth whitening process.
I had my teeth whitened from my dentist which turned out great for me.

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:24 pm

I had my teeth whitened by the dentist: and I'd do it again. I wouldn't use home kits: see your dentist instead. She/he will monitor your progress and you'll have less risk of damage to your teeth. Plus, using a whitening toothpaste twice a day, every single day will also keep teeth white. Also using an electric toothbrush is a brilliant idea. I use an electric toothbrush nightly and my teeth are brighter and whiter. They do cost a fair amount, but last years and years and all you have to do is replace the brush once every month. If you've got the money, I'd invest in such a toothbrush. It'll save on dental treatment, too.

HealthStasia

by HealthStasia on Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:05 pm

SSome people claim that rubbing lemon, orange, or banana peels on your teeth will make them whiter. It’s believed that the compound d-limonene and/or citric acid, which is found in some citrus fruit peels, will help to whiten your teeth.

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:40 pm

There are natural ways to whiten teeth, I agree. But for more yellow teeth, I'd advise dental whitening treatment. It can take a lot of chemicals to whiten more severe yellowed teeth. Whitening toothpaste also helps, but - again - in the case of very yellow teeth, won't do much: except clean the teeth.

Strong chemicals are used in dental whitening practices, but they are used on the teeth with safety and care in mind. This is why it takes a good few weeks to see the results. But definitely don't worry about damaging your teeth: modern whitening treatments won't strip the teeth [except of yellow colour] or cause sensitivity. I'd talk to your dentist.

14 posts