home teeth whitening?

Moderator: talkhealth

17 posts
JeffreyQuintero

by JeffreyQuintero on Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:37 am

home teeth whitening?

Hi guys,

I want to whiten my teeth. I am confused about whether I should visit a dental clinic for this or do it at home itself.
I know visiting a dentist would cost me huge and I don't know whether it is worth it.
I want to know from someone who has experience of teeth whitening at home that what is it to whiten teeth at home? Is it more effective than the dentist?
Did the teeth get significantly whiten? Or any other problems? Was it effective enough? or did you ended up doing it at the dentist anyway?

I would love to hear about your experiences.
Last edited by talkhealth on Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: URL removed per our terms and conditions

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:56 pm

Re: home teeth whitening?

Hi JeffreyQuintero,

Not sure if you had seen this information here which may be of use; http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/bl ... whitening/

Regards

talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

jasonharper081

by jasonharper081 on Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:52 am

Home teeth whitening does not have the results as required. However, waiting for reopening of the clinics to be opened . The results were excellent when i got it done from a good clinic.

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:42 am

I had my teeth whitened by my dentist. It cost me $350. My teeth didn't come up as white as I wanted them, though: I wanted model white teeth. They aren't a disgusting yellow, but aren't as white I want them, either. This is why I think you should choose a home whitening kit. You'd get the same results as if from a dentist. I know because I also tried a home whitening treatment.

Go online and have a look at different kits. You could even get a tooth-whitening kit from your local chemist. When you do purchase said-item, follow the instructions and be patient. Your teeth WILL whiten. It'll just take time.

I do hope I've helped. Good luck!

agata7ar

by agata7ar on Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:30 pm

I used to whiten my teeth at home using baking soda.
You can also use hydrogen peroxide.

Just don't underestimate the value of brushing and flossing!!!

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:20 am

Brushing one's teeth twice a day - every day - is incredibly important. You could use a whitening toothpaste, too.

Again, remember that home whitening treatments can be equally as effective as being done by the dentist. The dentist will cost a good $300. Whereas a home tooth whitening kit is much cheaper. Whichever you decide is your prerogative. But I hope I have enlightened you to the options.

scilover

by scilover on Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:24 am

Would say that you better go to dental. I know it may cause a lot but at least the dental experts in the area and it is safer too. The products in the dental also much more certified legitly.

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:09 pm

You're right, Angel David.

I do think the dentist can do a good job: I don't advise cheap home tooth whitening treatments. They can damage teeth. The more expensive ones could work. On the otherhand, the dentist is the expert and knows his/her job. I did not mean in my previous post to imply that dentists do a poor job. I still feel home whitening treatments can be effective and have value. Again, though, the denist knows their job.

Prycejosh1987

by Prycejosh1987 on Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:56 pm

JeffreyQuintero wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:37 am
Hi guys,

I want to whiten my teeth. I am confused about whether I should visit a dental clinic for this or do it at home itself.
I know visiting a dentist would cost me huge and I don't know whether it is worth it.
I want to know from someone who has experience of teeth whitening at home that what is it to whiten teeth at home? Is it more effective than the dentist?
Did the teeth get significantly whiten? Or any other problems? Was it effective enough? or did you ended up doing it at the dentist anyway?

I would love to hear about your experiences.
You can whiten your teeth, using whitening toothpaste and brushing regularly. Teeth need work and if they are really yellow then you may need to go to the dentist and have them whitened, but if not then brush regularly.

sydneyblack

by sydneyblack on Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:31 am

I would suggest you get to the dentist as it would be much better than doing it at home.
Teeth whitening is to be done carefully as it will affect your overall health. A store-bought whitening kit may result in irritating your gums and affect your teeth sensitivity.
Having to take to the dentist can have the result of long-lasting as they are professionals and they will have whitening agents which will not be harmful to our health.
Although it may cost a little bit, it will be worth it as it would be done by professionals making it a financial benefit. Doing it yourself may harm the gums and may result in affecting other parts of your mouth in which you will have to bear extra expenses for the same.
Dental experts will help in inspecting to see if there are any health issues that may cause by these teeth whitening process.
I had my teeth whitened from my dentist which turned out great for me.

17 posts