strange pain in feet when hiking

Moderator: talkhealth

4 posts
KENG1965

by KENG1965 on Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:57 pm

strange pain in feet when hiking

Hi everyone,
Let me try to describe this: you all know the pain you get in hands and feet when they are FROZEN and slowly getting warm again. It can get really really painful.
Well, this is exactly the pain I have been getting in my feet (toes mainly) after about 1-2 hrs of hiking, but in this case NOT related with cold feet that are getting warm. It just happens regardless. Summer or winter, warm or cold feet, it doesn't matter.
I have done quite a bit of hiking for the last 10 years and this started quite suddenly about 3 years ago (with the same shoes FYI). It was terrible the first time. I could hardly walk anymore.
I have had a sitting job for the last 10 years and I think it must be a blood circulation problem but I am preparing a 3000 km hike through Europe and am very worried about this pain spoiling it for me. So my question to you is: Has anyone had this problem? What is the exact cause? And mainly, do you know of any essential oil that I can use to prevent/heal/minimize the pain?
Thanks a lot in advance!
Kai

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:21 am

Re: strange pain in feet when hiking

Hi KENG1965,

Thank you for your post and we do hope that someone on the forums can help identify the pain you are experiencing in your feet.

Unfortunately talkhealth can not give out specific medical advice but given how debilitating it has been in the past, would recommend seeking your GP's advice on this matter. It may also be worth getting in touch with your local podiatrist for some advice?

We do hope you get to the root of the problem and that it gets sorted before your hiking trip.

Regards,

talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

Prycejosh1987

by Prycejosh1987 on Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:02 pm

KENG1965 wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:57 pm
Hi everyone,
Let me try to describe this: you all know the pain you get in hands and feet when they are FROZEN and slowly getting warm again. It can get really really painful.
Well, this is exactly the pain I have been getting in my feet (toes mainly) after about 1-2 hrs of hiking, but in this case NOT related with cold feet that are getting warm. It just happens regardless. Summer or winter, warm or cold feet, it doesn't matter.
I have done quite a bit of hiking for the last 10 years and this started quite suddenly about 3 years ago (with the same shoes FYI). It was terrible the first time. I could hardly walk anymore.
I have had a sitting job for the last 10 years and I think it must be a blood circulation problem but I am preparing a 3000 km hike through Europe and am very worried about this pain spoiling it for me. So my question to you is: Has anyone had this problem? What is the exact cause? And mainly, do you know of any essential oil that I can use to prevent/heal/minimize the pain?
Thanks a lot in advance!
Kai
It could be that your body is used to and become adapted to becoming relaxed. Over time this should change, you said you have done it (Hiking) for 10 years. I believe that in 10 years the body fitness format would of changed. Perhaps you can try massaging your feet after the hiking and keep doing this for relief. You could also try ice, or heat spray or lotions. Good luck.

hundalmarck@gmail.com

by hundalmarck@gmail.com on Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:55 am

Avoiding hiking or using the best shoes may result.

4 posts