One bigger tonsil?

Moderator: talkhealth

3 posts
person123

by person123 on Thu May 21, 2020 12:44 am

One bigger tonsil?

I am a very secretive and reserved person. My right tonsil has been significantly larger for a long time, at least a lot of months or even almost a year. It almost feels like it’s split in the middle... kind of hard to explain. Since then I have had trouble swallowing, my throat feels kind of closed, and I’m not sure if this is related but I feel like my vocal range has shrunken. I’m really scared that this might be cancer even though I’m still very young. I’m afraid to tell my parents because at first they won’t believe me, but then when I show them evidence they get all scared, even more than me. I don’t really want to go out to get tested because of coronavirus, but should I take this risk?

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Fri May 22, 2020 11:54 am

Re: One bigger tonsil?

Hi person123,

Thank you for posting on the forum. As this has been an ongoing problem for a while, we would suggest that you to contact your Doctor and ask to have a telephone appointment. They can then decide best course of action especially during covid-19. To weigh up the risk of going to get tested during covid-19, it depends whether your symptoms have worsened or stayed the same and how much it is bothering you. You could write down your history of tonsil symptoms, when it started, if there is pain and anything that would be helpful for the Dr when you call them.

We hope you are able to find out what is causing these symptoms soon.

Kind regards
talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

Prycejosh1987

by Prycejosh1987 on Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:01 pm

Re: One bigger tonsil?

person123 wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 12:44 am
I am a very secretive and reserved person. My right tonsil has been significantly larger for a long time, at least a lot of months or even almost a year. It almost feels like it’s split in the middle... kind of hard to explain. Since then I have had trouble swallowing, my throat feels kind of closed, and I’m not sure if this is related but I feel like my vocal range has shrunken. I’m really scared that this might be cancer even though I’m still very young. I’m afraid to tell my parents because at first they won’t believe me, but then when I show them evidence they get all scared, even more than me. I don’t really want to go out to get tested because of coronavirus, but should I take this risk?
The simple response to your statement is to say that you can have it removed. My tonsils grow and cause me to cough at times. They usually go back to normal size after a few days. Have them removed if you will, speak to your dentist about it.

3 posts