Temperature or fever?

Moderator: talkhealth

3 posts
Dodger19

by Dodger19 on Mon May 25, 2020 7:47 pm

Temperature or fever?

Hi all I'm new here but hope someone can advise me. I had a temperature nearly two weeks ago that went as high as 38.2 felt shaky for a few days etc usual fever signs. But now appear to be a lot better apart from my temp spiking occasionally and very quickly to 37.8 to 37.9 it goes up after brief activity and a bath or sometimes on it's own bit literally seconds or minutes then comes back down. Is this still a fever? I only ask as my temp all.othher parts of the day have been fine 37.4 -37.6 sometimes lower. Sorry if this is a foolish question but I spoke to dr 5 days ago and they said temp needed to be normal mine is for most of the day apart from after the above mentioned. Thanks for any help

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Tue May 26, 2020 10:20 am

Re: Temperature or fever?

Hi Dodger19,

Thank you for posting on the forum, we hope that you will receive some replies soon to your question from our other members who may have experienced something similar to you.

Unfortunately we are unable to give out specific medical advice but would always suggest you go and see your GP again if this continues to worry you.

Kind regards
talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

Prycejosh1987

by Prycejosh1987 on Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:57 pm

Re: Temperature or fever?

Dodger19 wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 7:47 pm
Hi all I'm new here but hope someone can advise me. I had a temperature nearly two weeks ago that went as high as 38.2 felt shaky for a few days etc usual fever signs. But now appear to be a lot better apart from my temp spiking occasionally and very quickly to 37.8 to 37.9 it goes up after brief activity and a bath or sometimes on it's own bit literally seconds or minutes then comes back down. Is this still a fever? I only ask as my temp all.othher parts of the day have been fine 37.4 -37.6 sometimes lower. Sorry if this is a foolish question but I spoke to dr 5 days ago and they said temp needed to be normal mine is for most of the day apart from after the above mentioned. Thanks for any help
There is nothing to fear, its normal for temperature to go up and down slightly. A fever naturally comes and goes. If it persists and is dominating, then you may need to speak to the doctor.

3 posts