Tired nonstop

Moderator: talkhealth

4 posts
Tired247

by Tired247 on Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:11 pm

Tired nonstop

Hello, so I've got the issue of basically being tired nonstop. Not sore, not fatigued, just feel like I need more sleep.

I'm 24 years old, I work a relatively difficult job that consists of lifting heavy things daily but this doesn't tire me - next to this, I also workout 4-5x a week and like I said, I don't feel exhausted from this, I've always been on the active side and I'm physically fit. I eat a healthy diet of 3,300 calories a day currently and it's mixed with plenty of different healthy foods. I sleep 7h a day on average.

5 years ago, I was a completely different person. Full of energy, never felt tired or anything like that. And then slowly I got to a point where I feel like I need more sleep every minute of the day except when I workout, which just wakes me up a little.

I've read some about quality of sleep possibly being at fault for this as the matress I sleep on is quite old and not comfortable at all so I've bought a new one which is premium and has positive reviews only but I somehow doubt a matress change will fix this. Not getting enough quality sleep causing me to feel tired even when I sleep 7h a day, waking up 1x per night usually? I don't know.

I have mild anxiety I'd say but in general I feel satisfied with my life and don't worry much. I have a stable job I enjoy, I have a house and I live well and content overall. I'm just tired/sleepy all the time. What could this be? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:22 am

Re: Tired nonstop

Hi Tired247,

Thank you for posting on the forum regarding your tiredness. Sorry to hear that you don't feel like you're getting enough sleep. Have you seen our FREE sleep support programme? Have a look and see if this will help you.

https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/support/sleep

Kind regards
talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:04 pm

One thing is for sure: you're definitely not lazy or faking it. It could be your blood iron levels being low. Iron comes from meat and rich green leafy vegetables. Plus, you can take iron tablets to increase the level in your blood.

However, I would advise you consult your doctor and have a blood test done. If your bloods come back positive for lack or iron, then do ask your doctor about iron supplements. She/he may prescribe something similar to what a health food shop would sell. But you will need a blood test organised by your doctor, as I cannot diagnose you from here.

Do up your iron levels with your diet. Do also have a regular nighttime routine. Sunlight can also increase energy levels. Try to find natural, easy ways to get you going. Again, though, talk to your doctor and see what supplements they prescribe/advise you take.

Prycejosh1987

by Prycejosh1987 on Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:47 pm

The short answer is you are feeling tired because your over working your body and mind. You are pushing your body to do things when it wants rest. It happened to me, when it came to night shifts i worked hard but then afterwards i felt the tiredness. Do not over work your body.

4 posts