Throat discomfort and itchiness for months

Moderator: talkhealth

6 posts
Jacobson00

by Jacobson00 on Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:22 pm

Throat discomfort and itchiness for months

Hello, I have been having these throat itchy or even pain for the past 4 months. It comes and goes. The last doctor i saw 2 months ago gave me some throat pain+antihistamine+antibiotic. They helped for a while while i was using them. I don't have pain eating or fever. It's the discomfort and itchiness that's bothering me. I checked i don't feel any lump. I took some anti-acid med. I keep taking pain med when i start feeling the discomfort. I keep thinking maybe I have consistent allergy....

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:51 pm

Re: Throat discomfort and itchiness for months

Hi Jacobson00,

Thank you for posting on the forum. Have you considered that it could possibly be seasonal rhinitis? The pollen count has been very high this year. Other causes could be intolerance to food/drink you are consuming. The pandemic and lockdown seems to have triggered lots of symptoms in people.

You could also try contacting one of our charity supporters, Allergy Uk who will be able to advise you. They have a helpline:

https://www.allergyuk.org/

Kind regards
talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

Jacobson00

by Jacobson00 on Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:50 pm

Thank you for your response. Yes. I am leaning toward that especially.

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:05 am

I think it is most likely seasonal rhinitis. You've definitely got an allergy. If I were your doctor, I'd prescribe anti-histimines. The weather has caused your throat to swell, most likely.

I'd also try to reduce your allergy reactions by not going on grass and avoiding other places where there are allergens. Take a note of where you are when your allergy hits. Then avoid that area. For instance if you're allergic to grass, then avoiding fields and the suchlike would be my advice.

In the meantime, take your anti-histimines and avoid trigger areas, such as fields.

scilover

by scilover on Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:17 am

I experienced this as well! I definitely think it's allergies as well. For me, it happens when i'm in a enclosed room with my kittens. After I leave the room, I start to have dry coughs and sore throat. Do you have an idea what you're allergic to?

Prycejosh1987

by Prycejosh1987 on Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:23 pm

Jacobson00 wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:22 pm
Hello, I have been having these throat itchy or even pain for the past 4 months. It comes and goes. The last doctor i saw 2 months ago gave me some throat pain+antihistamine+antibiotic. They helped for a while while i was using them. I don't have pain eating or fever. It's the discomfort and itchiness that's bothering me. I checked i don't feel any lump. I took some anti-acid med. I keep taking pain med when i start feeling the discomfort. I keep thinking maybe I have consistent allergy....
I do not think it is a an allergy, i think its an infection in the throat. Antibiotics work very well, but the problem is that you have to keep taking them until the infection is completely gone. If you dont even if there is minor infection it grows back. Doctors should be putting us on repeat medication in antibiotics until cleared. In suppose it can do a number on the health system to keep prescribing it.

6 posts