Health Anxiety

Moderator: talkhealth

24 posts
KarlPeter99

by KarlPeter99 on Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:09 pm

Re: Health Anxiety

Relax and remember that the same disadvantages that are in NYC are in London, and Mexico, and Singapore, etc. Just stay safe and relax your mind and perhaps see a therapist if it gets too bad. I havent heard of pollution killing anyone. Just remain safe and take precautions if you need to. Good luck.

manpreetrockerji

by manpreetrockerji on Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:05 pm

Yoga can help with that

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:00 pm

Yoga is a great way to deal with stress and anxiety. I've done yoga myself on the odd occasion.

Definitely look for various - natural - therapies to deal with anxiety. Don't automatically pop pills.

igotucorp

by igotucorp on Wed Nov 02, 2022 8:30 am

it's a part of your being, anxiety won't go away completely. But you can lessen its grasp through understanding and self-awareness. recently I'm also suffering from anxiety and I'm totally fed up with this but then one of my friends suggest me a mental health therapist and this completely change my life now with the services of a therapist I'm totally fine and living my life happily.

ariban99@yahoo.com

by ariban99@yahoo.com on Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:53 pm

Hi
i live in the city as well, i get anxiety on the train at night when i return home. i take number 3 train from manhattan to brooklyn. i use a natural anxiety pill that helps me alot from bh herbal solutions anxiety relief.
maybe we will meet on teh train one day

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:53 pm

Anxiety - about anything - is not uncommon. I know anxiety and it is deeply unpleasant and just ruins your life. I just face my fears and don't let anxiety get in my way. That sounds easier than it is, though. Also, time doesn't stop and one-day your fears WILL vanish. You just have to do what scares you. Again, that is harder than it sounds.

Do what you can to ease your anxiety and let time diminish your fears.

advhccenter

by advhccenter on Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:44 am

Because it's a part of your being, anxiety won't go away completely. But you can lessen its grasp through understanding and self-awareness.

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:05 pm

advhccenter wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:44 am
Because it's a part of your being, anxiety won't go away completely. But you can lessen its grasp through understanding and self-awareness.
I agree with this.

kathelen

by kathelen on Tue Dec 27, 2022 5:15 pm

juni123456 wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:01 am
I lived in NYC for a little over a year now and I have to commute using the subway, which gives me serious anxiety, the city itself already gave me serious anxiety. The smog and pollution levels are really bad sometimes and the subways are dusty and smelly. I cant help but feel paranoid about my health living and working in the city inhaling all these toxic fumes. I cant even sleep well anymore , any advice ?
Firstly, take a deep breath whenever you feel anxious on the subway. Then, even you can ask someone to give you their seat if you're still standing. Moreover, to restore blood flow to your brain, lean forward and lower your head to heart level or even lower.

Also, numerous ways can help you reduce anxiety naturally, such as regular exercise, avoid drinking alcohol, limit caffeine intake, practice deep breathing, and many more. You should practice all these to control your anxiety daily.

advhccenter

by advhccenter on Wed Dec 28, 2022 8:54 am

Health anxiety is when you spend so much time worrying you're ill, or about getting ill, that it starts to take over your life. It's related to obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD).

24 posts