24 posts
MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Thu Jan 05, 2023 8:56 am

Re: Health Anxiety

kathelen wrote:
Tue Dec 27, 2022 5:15 pm
juni123456 wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:01 am
I lived in NYC for a little over a year now and I have to commute using the subway, which gives me serious anxiety, the city itself already gave me serious anxiety. The smog and pollution levels are really bad sometimes and the subways are dusty and smelly. I cant help but feel paranoid about my health living and working in the city inhaling all these toxic fumes. I cant even sleep well anymore , any advice ?
Firstly, take a deep breath whenever you feel anxious on the subway. Then, even you can ask someone to give you their seat if you're still standing. Moreover, to restore blood flow to your brain, lean forward and lower your head to heart level or even lower.

Also, numerous ways can help you reduce anxiety naturally, such as regular exercise, avoid drinking alcohol, limit caffeine intake, practice deep breathing, and many more. You should practice all these to control your anxiety daily.
I agree with this.

I also think if you're unhappy in the city, maybe you're living in the wrong place. Have you considered moving to the country or mountains? You're obviously deeply unhappy where you are. I'd advise - therefore - that you move away where you'll be happy.

Just accept you're not a city person.

felizabrunt

by felizabrunt on Fri Jan 13, 2023 12:31 am

You can use various things to prevent yourself from pollution in your city and get overcome Anxiety. You can use an air purifier in your room, and also use a face mask by which you can get your health better. If these things will not work to reduce anxiety, you can get a consultation from a doctor. These days, taking consultations from doctors is very easy now. You can go with online doctors because through that you don't need to visit any hospital and can take prescriptions online from doctors in a simpler way. I want to share my uncle's story here, He was diagnosed with severe anxiety, He took an online prescription and get a better evaluation from a doctor. Now he lives his life in a better way through medication. So I suggest you, go with telehealth platforms and take medication that will be good for you.

hundalmarck@gmail.com

by hundalmarck@gmail.com on Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:43 am

Hello and welcome! I'd say you're doing well, but if you have any serious depression or mood swings, you may wish to consider using spravato treatment.

leeclark1

by leeclark1 on Wed Mar 22, 2023 6:30 am

If possible, take breaks from the city by visiting parks or other natural areas outside the city. This can give your lungs a break from the pollution and help you feel more relaxed.

24 posts