Does diabetes affects the eyes ?

Moderator: talkhealth

31 posts
HealthStasia

by HealthStasia on Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:01 pm

Re: Does diabetes affects the eyes ?

Some of the most frequent complications of both type 1 and type 2 diabetes are eye problems. it can lead to problems like blurry vision, cataracts, glaucoma, and retinopathy.

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:41 pm

That's more reason for someone to see their doctor if they think they've got diabetes.

abhinavbhatt

by abhinavbhatt on Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:23 am

Eye problems related to diabetes usually occur in both eyes at the same time. Here are some of the most common early symptoms:
  • Presence of floaters
    Blurry or wavy vision
    Difficulty seeing at night or in dim lighting
    Changing vision quality
    Trouble with color vision

thanhan1997

by thanhan1997 on Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:28 pm

Diabetes causes blindness
Small blood vessels in the retina with great pressure in people with diabetes can easily damage the retina and cause blindness.

advancells

by advancells on Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:38 am

Diabetes has various eye impacts. The important one is to debilitate retinal veins prompting miniature aneurysmic expansion, central hemorrhages, significant blood holes, ischemia and neovascular development. These can influence the vision except if treated. In the event that the harm gets through the inward layer of the retina it can cause fibrotic changes and glassy strands which can cause retinal separation and significant changes in the vision. These are the reason diabetics ought to have eye tests by their ophthalmologist yearly on the grounds that in beginning phases the majority of these progressions are treatable however whenever permitted untreated, perpetual visual changes can result. Now Stem Cell Therapy for Diabetes is best option for treat the daibetes.

jimmyjo101

by jimmyjo101 on Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:32 pm

Yes, It can cause damage to the eyes that can lead to poor vision or even blindness. Diabetic retinopathy is an eye condition that can cause vision loss and blindness in people who have diabetes. People may not have any early symptoms of diabetic retinopathy, but having a comprehensive dilated eye exam at least once a year can help a person catch the condition early to prevent complications. Mild cases may be treated with careful diabetes management but advanced cases require laser treatment or surgery. This laser treatment helps to stop or slow down the leakage of blood and the buildup of fluid in the eye.

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:01 am

advancells wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:38 am
Diabetes has various eye impacts. The important one is to debilitate retinal veins prompting miniature aneurysmic expansion, central hemorrhages, significant blood holes, ischemia and neovascular development. These can influence the vision except if treated. In the event that the harm gets through the inward layer of the retina it can cause fibrotic changes and glassy strands which can cause retinal separation and significant changes in the vision. These are the reason diabetics ought to have eye tests by their ophthalmologist yearly on the grounds that in beginning phases the majority of these progressions are treatable however whenever permitted untreated, perpetual visual changes can result. Now Stem Cell Therapy for Diabetes is best option for treat the daibetes.
I am no medical expert, but you are. When I read your post I was blown away: and scared of eating too much sugar in my diet and getting diabetes. The health impact of diabetes - and on the eyes - has only just impacted my mind.

I write all this because I eat a lot of sugar in my diet. I don't want to now. The thought of damaging my eyes fills me with fear. I also make sure I sleep at night, because I am afraid my eyes will become damaged if I don't sleep enough.

My eyes are very important to me and I've heeded your post.

Renold Buen

by Renold Buen on Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:04 am

This is a common condition for diabetic patients and occurs when diabetes damages blood vessels in the eye. This damage causes symptoms such as blurry vision, “floaters” and black spots in the field of vision, retinal swelling (called macular edema), poor color perception and even blindness.

srldiagnosticslab

by srldiagnosticslab on Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:34 pm

Yes. High blood sugar can lead to problems like blurry vision, cataracts, glaucoma, and retinopathy. In fact, diabetes is the primary cause of blindness in adults ages 20 to 74. To correct it, you need to get your blood sugar back into the target range (70-130 mg/dL, before meals, and less than 180 mg/dL 1 to 2 hours after a meal).

manpreetrockerji

by manpreetrockerji on Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:04 pm

yes it does affect your ability to see. To prevent from getting Diabetes you should start doing yoga

31 posts