Does diabetes affects the eyes ?

Moderator: talkhealth

31 posts
manpreetrockerji

by manpreetrockerji on Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:05 pm

Re: Does diabetes affects the eyes ?

yes it does affect your ability to see. To prevent from getting Diabetes you should start doing yoga

AllanHiggins

by AllanHiggins on Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:46 am

Diabetes can definitely affect the eyes and if not checked in time this can have serious consequences. The best way forward is to opt for natural products like Iwi omega 3 oil products that help to build immunity, build health and build the vision for your eyes to keep them in top shape.

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:33 pm

Do also realize you need enough sleep to protect your eyes and your eyesight.

I won't go without sleep for the above reason. The eyes ARE also affected by diabetes: as already stated. You're right to worry about your eyes. If you're still unsure about your eye health, seek the help of an optician: they will tell you - online too - how to protect your eye health.

Ankr__us

by Ankr__us on Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:24 pm

This common eye disease is the leading cause of blindness in working-age adults. Diabetic retinopathy is caused when high blood sugar damages blood vessels in the retina (a light-sensitive layer of cells in the back of the eye). Damaged blood vessels can swell and leak, causing blurry vision or stopping blood flow. Sometimes new blood vessels grow, but they aren’t normal and can cause further vision problems. Diabetic retinopathy usually affects both eyes.

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:04 am

It goes to show how trying to prevent diabetes is key to also protecting one's eyesight.

LucasBlack78

by LucasBlack78 on Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:54 am

Yes, diabetes does affect your eyes, and it can cause several eye problems, the most common ones are diabetic retinopathy, diabetic macular edema, cataracts, and glaucoma. It differs in each person. It’s good that your mother does not have an eye disorder. However, you can regularly check your eyesight.

happypill

by happypill on Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:40 am

Happy to know about that sort of stuff

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:46 pm

That's scary, LucasBlack78.

Diabetes runs in my family, so I try not to eat too much sweet food. Although I do have a terrible sweet tooth. Reducing sweet food, though, IS something I do. I certainly do not want diabetes.

margaretli640

by margaretli640 on Tue Feb 08, 2022 1:59 pm

Your eyes are affected when your blood glucose, also known as blood sugar, is too high.
Elevated blood glucose is unlikely to cause vision damage in the medium term. For a few days or weeks after changing their diabetes treatment plan or medicines, people may have a cloudy vision.
The tiny blood vessels in the back of your eyes may be damaged if your blood glucose levels remain high for an extended period of time. Prediabetes occurs when blood glucose levels are higher than normal but not high enough to be diagnosed with diabetes.

Buzz6419

by Buzz6419 on Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:32 am

Hi, here I can tell you that diabetes affects your eyes?

The truth is Yes. Some kinds of diabetes can affect your eyes. Some types of diabetes affect the blood vessels and damage your eye retina which is very dangerous for your eyes. And there is also some kind of diabetes which is very dangerous for your eyes and may cause blindness in a few years.

31 posts