Blood Pressure Management

Moderator: talkhealth

10 posts
weldsfargo

by weldsfargo on Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:21 am

Blood Pressure Management

What are some common ways to naturally lower blood pressure in order to get a fair assessment from a doctor. I went for a physical today for a job i applied for and everything went good except for my blood pressure which some of it is due from anxiety. But i also say that im probably not staying properly hydrated either. Online says about 96 ounces of water for the average person. But i dont think i drink anywhere near that and that is an honest answer. So im trying to figure out small things that might not be thought of that can contribute to it. I know eatting is definitely not one of them though i have never had high blood pressure because of what i ate i don't eat to much salt. I understand that anxiety can make blood pressure sky rocket but trying to find out other common ways to lower blood pressure, im not expecting a huge drop because of anxiety but maybe i can get it lower. I have seen my blood pressure 120 on a rare occasion but usually somewhere at 140ish but today it was at 158/100 so the doctors were concerned.

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:42 pm

Re: Blood Pressure Management

Hello - we understand why your doctors were concerned about your latest recording but there are a lot of things that you can do within your daily life to bring down your blood pressure. Please see an article we wrote this year about different ways. https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/t ... d-pressure We have a lot of information on our website but the British Heart Foundation https://www.bhf.org.uk/are the real experts and suggest you visit their website for support and they offer a support line - 0300 330 3311
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

Alessandro01

by Alessandro01 on Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:40 pm

talkhealth wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:42 pm
Hello - we understand why your doctors were concerned about your latest recording but there are a lot of things that you can do within your daily life to bring down your blood pressure. Please see an article we wrote this year about different ways. https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/t ... d-pressure We have a lot of information on our website but the British Heart Foundation https://www.bhf.org.uk/are the real experts and suggest you visit their website for support and they offer a support line - 0300 330 3311
Thanks for the links! That is the same what i was looking for!

Prycejosh1987

by Prycejosh1987 on Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:35 pm

Body conditioning helps with blood flow and blood pressure. Regular exercise will help also.

Latrice Sang

by Latrice Sang on Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:05 am

Change of lifestyle would be very helpful, you should start eating healthy and exercise

grindwalter

by grindwalter on Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:53 pm

158/100 is somehow alarming. you better change your diet and exercise

scilover

by scilover on Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:19 am

Eating a diet that is rich in whole grains, fruits, vegetables and low-fat dairy products and skimps on saturated fat and cholesterol can lower your blood pressure by up to 11 mm Hg if you have high blood pressure. This eating plan is known as the Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension (DASH) diet.

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:18 pm

It makes sense: a good diet will help reduce blood pressure. You have been given brilliant advice.

Prycejosh1987

by Prycejosh1987 on Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:09 pm

If you want to lower blood pressure, try relaxation and meditation methods. The heart causes blood pressure so if you put your heart at ease, it will work in your favour.

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Wed May 31, 2023 7:37 am

melinacc wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 7:25 am
There are many ways to help control blood pressure.

1. Eat healthily: like fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lean protein, and healthy fats.

2. Get regular exercise: Get at least 30 minutes of moderate-intensity exercise most days of the week.

3. Stay Hydrated: Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day to stay well hydrated.

4. If you drink alcohol, for your health, you still have to reduce your alcohol intake a little.

5. Get enough sleep: Aim to get 7-8 hours of sleep each night.

6. Quit smoking

This article shows How Do People With High Blood Pressure ... d-24-hours, maybe it will help a lot.
I agree fully with this post.

It IS possible to reduce blood pressure with these steps.

I'd certainly advise anyone worried about their blood pressure follow these steps.

10 posts