Is there any connection of hair loss with hair straighteners?

Moderator: talkhealth

7 posts
nomansheikh

by nomansheikh on Mon May 10, 2021 3:41 pm

Is there any connection of hair loss with hair straighteners?

Hello ! I want to know is there any connection of using hair straighteners with weak hairs ?

Looking forward to your suggessions !

emmawats

by emmawats on Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:14 pm

Re: Is there any connection of hair loss with hair straighteners?

Yes, Of course, there is a connection, many women who undergo hair straightening treatments experience severe hair loss within a month post-treatment. But hair straightening is not only the reason for hair loss and there are many reasons behind this. I'm saying this because I had severe hair loss a few months back and I thought it might be due to the hair treatment I had done before. But that wasn't the case, it was due to poor nutrition. After a prescription from the doctor, I had taken multivitamin biotin and it helped to slow down and stop hair loss. First of all, you need to understand the causes of hair fall, then treat it based on that.

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:45 pm

emmawats wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:14 pm
Yes, Of course, there is a connection, many women who undergo hair straightening treatments experience severe hair loss within a month post-treatment. But hair straightening is not only the reason for hair loss and there are many reasons behind this. I'm saying this because I had severe hair loss a few months back and I thought it might be due to the hair treatment I had done before. But that wasn't the case, it was due to poor nutrition. After a prescription from the doctor, I had taken multivitamin biotin and it helped to slow down and stop hair loss. First of all, you need to understand the causes of hair fall, then treat it based on that.
I second this post. I hope you do, too.

Debbz1121

by Debbz1121 on Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:34 pm

emmawats wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:14 pm
There's no feeling worse than feeling your hair starting to fall off as a woman.

I used to dread taking showers all the time. Now I don't mind.

This is my story and some of my best advice which I hope is going to be of much help.

I'm a woman in her 50's and I didn't give much thought to my sprouting gray hairs and my hair loss in my 30's during my first pregnancy because they were virtually undetectable; however, as my patch turned into a streak, I began to question whether or not I should address them although it was the last thing I wanted to do 😐

Should I color them? Should I stick to natural hairstyles where they'd go unnoticed? I was really on the fence, yet I didn't feel particularly rushed to conceal my grays...

I'm glad there are finally solutions out there for doing something about it that actually work!

This is a daily hair growth supplement that quite quickly helped me and my bestie to improve our hair and stop the gray with a few important but natural ingredients.

It wasn't until we found it we were able to make our hair stop falling off as fast although it doesn't stop completely!

I finally feel a lot more confident in my hair 😍

Wishing you the best of luck in your journey, sis.

Hope my advice was of help to you <3

Debbie

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:52 pm

I do know that when my hair grows grey, I will be deeply sad. But I have very little hairloss, so feel confident hairdye will help me out.

I do agree that losing hair is deeply distressing to any woman: there are so many hair loss treatments that claim to help hair re-grow. But do they work? I hope so.

I do know when my aunt was getting older - years ago - she had to cut off all her hair: she was devastated. Thankfully she grew accustomed to short hair, but it was upsetting to start with. But if she could grow used to short hair, any woman can be strong and do the same!

Buzz6419

by Buzz6419 on Fri Feb 11, 2022 6:45 am

Yes, it is true that any amount of extreme heat will damage your hair. When the temperature goes over 347 degrees it can permanently damage your hair. Any kind of electronics like hair straighteners, iron, or other kinds of such electronic devices will damage your hair if you use them for a long time.

Buzz6419

by Buzz6419 on Fri Feb 11, 2022 6:46 am

Yes, it is true that any amount of extreme heat will damage your hair. When the temperature goes over 347 degrees it can permanently damage your hair. Any kind of electronics like hair straighteners, iron, or other kinds of such electronic devices will damage your hair if you use them for a long time.

7 posts