scars

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderator: talkhealth

9 posts
shirley lyster

by shirley lyster on Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:21 pm

scars

I have a scar,on my left knee as the result of a knee replacement.It is a six inch scar in length .The lower half of the scar is almost perfect,very light and blends in with colour of my skin. The top part of the scar is wide,purple in colour and very noticeable.This was due to the skin not being level and even,causing a ridge.As a result,the top half of the scar is rough ,wide and noticeable.Luckily,you can only see the scar when in shorts or trunks.You can see people looking at the scar. Apart from that and the pain,everything else is ok. Keith Lyster
Last edited by talkhealth on Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited to remove email address

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:12 pm

Re: scars

Hi Keith,

Sorry to hear your experiencing issues with your scar! It sounds very frustrating. I hope our other scar community members will have some helpful advice but in the mean time you could post your issue in our online skin clinic which is open for a couple more days for our skin experts to take a look.

You can take a look at that here: https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/f ... .php?f=809

Do keep us up to date with how things go.

With very best wishes,

Sally
Community Manager
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

AmerAmer

by AmerAmer on Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:16 am

Hi
I have read that silicone gel sheets are clinically proven to help reduce scarring but I was wondering if anyone has actually used them or know how effective they are practically?

Regards
Last edited by talkhealth on Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: URL removed as forum rules do not allow posting of commercial links.

Johanna Smith

by Johanna Smith on Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:37 am

Hi!

Anybody knows here about D'oxyva? I heard it is good for scars and wound treatments. I searched over the internet about this item and luckily, I found out that this item have the ability for good micro circulation that helps improving and disclosing wounds. You can also see it yourself on the internet for some information.

GladBautista

by GladBautista on Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:42 am

Yes, been using D'oxyva now! I've been in a minor operation on my left leg due to an accident. It needs a surgery to disclose the wound and has 11 stitches. I used to be a freelance model and I can't accept the fact that my skin has been damaged. Several months of seeking best scar and wound treatment, I found out about D'oxyva. I was thankful that it helped me so much to rebuild my career. I can attest to its effectiveness (cross fingers)!

Raydrick

by Raydrick on Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:12 am

Hi!

I too uses D'OXYVA, though it's because my mother insist on using it because she has Diabetes and since it runs in the family she made me use it too, what I noticed is every time I get wounded (Boxing) it does't really last long compared before plus I noticed that I can still do few more rounds I think it also helped me improve my stamina. I can also vouch that D'OXYVA works, go ahead try it I highly recommend this product.

Thanks!

shaillythomas

by shaillythomas on Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:06 pm

may be you should use any scare creame

mariamel17

by mariamel17 on Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:00 pm

I got acne for about 3 years, it was really difficult for me to get rid of it. Acne left some scars, especially on my cheeks. What I used to get rid of them was Dermelastic treatment.

ashleyjackson

by ashleyjackson on Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:54 pm

Hi,
Yes, you can use any cream to get rid of the scar, but after consulting with a doctor.
Thanks!!

9 posts