Slough

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
indigo43

by indigo43 on Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:24 am

Slough

I had a small in diameter but deep facial burn wound with tunneling. The wound developed slough inside. Eventually the surface of the wound healed closed but the slough inside was not removed. Now I’m concerned about this slough that is sealed inside. I can only find information concerning slough in an open wound and that it should always be removed for healing to progress and that it also can be a source for biofilm formation since it is non viable tissue. Does anyone know what will become of this slough that is now inside a wound that is sealed at the surface?

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:44 am

Re: Slough

Hi indigo43

Thank you for your post. If you are concerned about your wound we would always recommend seeing your doctor so that he/she can help ease any of your concerns or worries.

We also have a free support programme, mywound, which we think you will find helpful. The programme provides 12 weeks of dedicated information, sent to you by email in bite-size chunks. Every week there is a PDF for you to download or print containing practical information about how to care for wounds, written by talkhealth and medical experts.

Some of the topics the programme covers include:
- Stages of wound healing
- Pain management
- Patient stories and hints & tips
- Nutrition
- Stitch removal
- Scar prevention and much more

Kind regards
talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

2 posts