WHAT IS THIS?

Moderator: talkhealth

5 posts
Problemwithskin

by Problemwithskin on Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:31 am

WHAT IS THIS?

Hello, i was in thailand and got bitten my a mosquito, under my belly bottom as shown in the picture. It started being a small mark, but became bigger and bigger and it hurt me a lot, so i went to the doctor and he prescribed me 3 different pills and 1 of them was pain reliever and the others probably anti biotics. They worked, i didnt feel pain anymore and the infection red bubble disappeared but left a scar that is still appearing even after 2 years! as you can see in the picture its brownish/red mark that has traumatized the skin to such a degree, that hairs doesnt grow any more from that area, its not itchy or anything, its just there, doesnt hurt, doesnt itch or anything in that matter.

I tried fungus cremes without luck
I tried repairing cremes without luck
I tried chlordexine gel + creme without luck

I tried Panthenol, A Derma Epitheialea.H ultra repairing creme, chlordexine gel + creame, Hydrocortison creame, Brenton, nothing works

I dont know what to do anymore, nothing seems to work

Please help me..
Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (28.38 KiB) Viewed 10340 times

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:04 am

Re: WHAT IS THIS?

Hi Problemwithskin,

Thank you for posting on the forum. We've noticed that you haven't received any replies yet. Hopefully other members may have experienced something similar and can give you some advice. Unfortunately if you had an inflammatory reaction due to infection as you outlined below, then it can result in hyper-pigmentation. Please find a link below to an NHS factsheet on how to deal with different types of scars/marks:

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/scars/treatment/

It's a bit of a way off but in September this year, talkhealth and the BSF will be holding an online clinic for all sorts of skin conditions including scars. You may want to put the date in your diary and ask them their views on your mark. Please find link to the clinic here:

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... s_2020.php

Kind regards
talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

Problemwithskin

by Problemwithskin on Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:36 pm

But hairs doesn't grow in the area anymore, I have hyperpigmentation on another part of the body, and hairs grow on top of the pigment, so are you sure this is hyperpigmentation? because the skin doesn't feel like it is

Problemwithskin

by Problemwithskin on Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:54 pm

The mark is red and is not hyperpigementation, hair in the area from it doesnt grow anymore, my doctor said that the skin has been traumatized but doesnt know what to do about it

Problemwithskin

by Problemwithskin on Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:00 pm

I think its cellulitis, is there any medicine i could take against it? thank you

5 posts