Frequency at night only

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
debslbnc@yahoo.com

by debslbnc@yahoo.com on Sat Oct 22, 2022 8:04 pm

Frequency at night only

I have never had a problem with urinary leakage. If anything, at night only, I often need to push, apply pressure, to start urinating. Some tests revealed that, according to the doctor, I have no (?) natural bladder contractions. My doctor told me that use of THC can cause/worsen this. I have found this to be so, and have limited my THC use at night, which I had found helps me sleep more soundly. So, I've been labeled with urinary frequency because I fail to completely empty my bladder. I have gotten up to urinate as often as 6 times at night after going to bed. I don't understand how the urinary dynamics test indicates (to the doctor) that I have no natural bladder contractions when I have no problem during the daytime, only at night. I also have a shy bladder; it's difficult for me to start urinating if I'm uncomfortable or under pressure to do so. One doctor also gave me a stash of catheters, - the small, short ones. When I use them after urinating to insure my bladder is empty, the additional urine output is typically very little, maybe a couple of ounces. My question: Are there any natural ways to increase the health of the bladder? Any natural supplements that benefit the bladder? I'm aware of dietary change I can make and have already implemented them. I'm simply tired of having my sleep interrupted so frequently for nocturnal urination, and I'm trying to figure out a way to reduce the frequency. I also get frequent UTIs in spite of taking all the usual precautions. I'm a 65-yr.-old female, 120 lbs., who is rather fit, exercises, and eats nutritious, organic foods.

hundalmarck@gmail.com

by hundalmarck@gmail.com on Fri Nov 11, 2022 8:24 am

Re: Frequency at night only

Consult a doctor ASAP.

2 posts