Hello

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderator: talkhealth

3 posts
talkhealth

by talkhealth on Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:01 pm

Re: Hello

Hello Cathy and welcome to talkcontinence.

We really hope things improve for you now .... also we hope that others in this forum will be able to give you the benefit of their experience and offer you some positive advice and support.
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

alison12

by alison12 on Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:02 pm

Hello Cathy - and sorry to hear about your condition and certainly hope you are on the road to recovery. Having had surgery a few times myself for other things I know surgery is not a miracle answer generally to everything and its not a quick fix solution. When your body has experienced such surgery trauma, it does take a long time to recover. I think we are all guilty (well me definitely) of expecting to get better regardless as to what has happened, as quickly as you get better from having a cold - 1 to 2 weeks tops! Bodies are different things and getting better I have learnt in some cases needs to be measured in weeks or even months, and unfortunately not days....All very boring, especially when we all want to get on with our lives as we are too busy to have time for our bodies not to function as we think they should. One lesson I learnt was to try and be patient and give my body as much time as possible to heal itself and not try and push things. Very difficult if you are working and/or a mother at the same time. So, please be patient and give your body a chance to try and heal itself as best it can. Also second and third opinions are also useful from the medical profession, I soon realised that they all have different ideas on what things work best - annoying but worth seeking other advice. Another thing I learnt was to try and accept the situation I was in - and try and manage from this point, and then experiment what worked better for me, ie diet and time of the month issues etc. Stay strong and look forward to hopefully a positive update. ;)
alison12
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

Bill Adder

by Bill Adder on Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:41 am

Hi Cathy!

I can't think of anything to offer you in the way of advice at the mo, it's a little out of my field of experience. Having said that, I wish to add the warmest of welcomes to the advice from our fellow forumites, and hope that you can find the forum as useful as I and others here have.

Bill. ;)

3 posts