Widening neck at bottom of bladder

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
Algernon321

by Algernon321 on Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:28 pm

Widening neck at bottom of bladder

Hi. Does anyone know what could be the cause of this?
I'll succinctly write my experience/condition: I'm a 43 year old male. For approximately the past two/three years I need to urinate a lot more regularly, often the need to urinate comes on quickly and I sometimes leak a little and need to go again within 20 mins or so.
I went to see my local doctor and had urine and bloods taken and a "finger" exam as I was concerned it might be prostate cancer. Results were saying it's not prostate cancer (doctor said prostate wasn't swallen/enlarged and blood results said the same).
I then had an ultrasound in the local hospital (looking for any polyps/cysts etc). None were found and I was told that the bladder size was ok and when it was checked after I had been to the toilet, I was told by the ultrasound technician that it had emptied properly (except for a small teaspoon amount - which was nothing to be concerned about).
When I called my original doctor some 4 days later to get the ultrasound results, he said everything was ok. But they had written in the report that there was a widening at the bottom of the bladder. This was described to me as being a widening of the neck by the prostate where the bladder connects to the prostate. The ultrasound people had also written "The significance of this is uncertain" and my doctor had never seen a comment like this before in his career.
He has passed my information onto an Eurologist and said I should get a letter/appointment in some weeks.
As you can imagine, it is praying on my mind and I'd like as much information as soon as possible lol. Does anyone know what this might be or know of anyone who has had something similar at any time? Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Prycejosh1987

by Prycejosh1987 on Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:35 pm

Re: Widening neck at bottom of bladder

Good luck on the letter.

2 posts