Unexplained painful urination

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderator: talkhealth

3 posts
hannahh89

by hannahh89 on Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:30 pm

Unexplained painful urination

Hello, I'm a 24 year old female suffering from fibromyalgia, PCOS and IBS. This is something that constantly affects my life; painful urination! I've gotten urine tests done multiple times without the result of a UTI during episodes of painful urination. This slight/mild painful, burning urination pain, at the end of peeing, seems to come and go in the span of a few weeks or months, and then disappears for awhile. I've searched this on google over and over without any results that would satisfy me, or how to control or lessen this problem.

In my past relationship, I was in a cycle of getting UTIs quite frequently after sex, even with drinking lots of water and sufficient hygiene, plus peeing after sex. Now that I am not in a relationship, I haven't gotten a UTI since, but this slight/mild burning while peeing frustrates me and I often think "oh, here's a UTI, again..." but the UTI never happens.

Here's some background as to how I've been feeling lately: I recently restarted my birth control and I've gone through intense ovary pains (which I'm quite sure are ovary cyst pains) in the past week, and last month used lactic acid bacteria to cure what I concluded from a home test to be bacterial vaginosis and the lactic acid bacteria nearly cured it completely, I still have some vaginal discharge that has a slight odor and am thinking of getting officially tested for an infection instead of doing a home test. I recently drank alcohol for the first time ever, and it seemed to make the burning urination worse for a bit. I'm honestly at a loss as to what home remedies I should try or if anyone can explain a possible illness behind this.

If listing my medications is of any help, here they are: Seroquel XR, Lyrica and I recently stopped Mirtazapine.

Thanks to anyone with some insight into this problem!

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:13 pm

Re: Unexplained painful urination

Hi hannahh89

Thank you for your post. We are sorry to hear that you suffering and we hope that our members will be able to offer some home remedies for you. We would always recommend a visit to your doctor just in case you do need medication.

Please do let us know how you get on.

Kind regards.
talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

Prycejosh1987

by Prycejosh1987 on Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:34 pm

Re: Unexplained painful urination

It sounds like an infection to me.

3 posts