Reducing salt helps with over active bladder at night

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderator: talkhealth

3 posts
Kaydi123

by Kaydi123 on Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:01 pm

Reducing salt helps with over active bladder at night

Hi, I’m posting as I’ve found something that’s really helped with my over active bladder at night (nocturia). For years I’ve needed to pee up to 6 times every night, have tried several medications without success and it was seriously affecting the quality of my life. I only have one kidney and the medication caused my kidney count to drop to 47 and worrying about my kidney caused me to reduce my salt intake further and this has made a huge difference to my nocturia, for years I haven’t slept longer than 2 hours between bathroom visits but I’m now sleeping over 5 hours without needing to pee. I googled this and found there’s been a new study that shows reducing salt really does help and I wanted others to know about this.

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:52 am

Re: Reducing salt helps with over active bladder at night

Hi Kaydi123

Thank you for posting on the forum with your advice regarding salt reduction to help with nocturia. Hopefully other members with similar symptoms will take this on board and benefit from this.

Kind regards
talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

Prycejosh1987

by Prycejosh1987 on Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:21 pm

Re: Reducing salt helps with over active bladder at night

Kaydi123 wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:01 pm
Hi, I’m posting as I’ve found something that’s really helped with my over active bladder at night (nocturia). For years I’ve needed to pee up to 6 times every night, have tried several medications without success and it was seriously affecting the quality of my life. I only have one kidney and the medication caused my kidney count to drop to 47 and worrying about my kidney caused me to reduce my salt intake further and this has made a huge difference to my nocturia, for years I haven’t slept longer than 2 hours between bathroom visits but I’m now sleeping over 5 hours without needing to pee. I googled this and found there’s been a new study that shows reducing salt really does help and I wanted others to know about this.
I think decreasing sugar is the next step. Too much sugar ruins the digestive system, and can causes diabetes eventually for example. My mother died from this, she couldnt sleep long too. She used to drink 5 to 6 cans a cola a day, even through the doctors didn't advise it. I try not to have too much sugar, as diabetes is heredity. There are things you can do to have a better and more healthier kidney. There is fibre, which helps the digestive system. Speak to your GP and all the best.

3 posts