Reoccuring water infections

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderator: talkhealth

4 posts
MrsReed2be

by MrsReed2be on Mon May 28, 2012 10:23 am

Reoccuring water infections

First of all Hi, I am new to this site. My name is Michaela I am 25years old and live in Newcastle UK.

I have suffered from reoccuring water infections ever since I was 16, I have been in and out of hospital and have a file on UTI. kidney infections and so fourth, my file from this is about the size of a file that you would put college work inside of and is full to the brim.

I have had cystoscopy tests/ x-rays MRI scans and Ultra sounds. However each time nothing is ever found I do have 2 cysts in my left kidney but the hospital believe that my reoccuring UTI and the cysts have nothing in common. It's affecting my day to day life as I feel very incontenent when I do have water infections and have woken up to my bed being soaked on several occassions.

Above all the hosptial keep telling me there is no explanation for why I suffer this badly from UTI, I am giving codeine for the pain and they work to an extent. But I don't want to take these constantly I just want to know what the cause is. :(

Has anyone suffered like this with no explanation and how do you cope with such a thing?

adamjonuk

by adamjonuk on Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:32 pm

Re: Reoccuring water infections

Hello

I have had recurring UTI's for over 10 years - being male I dont have the same issues or reasons as you do - but it has left me with scaring on my kidneys and bladder where the acidity balance has been so far out of the norm for so long

I still get what I class as MINI infections - these raise their ugly heads but go off after a few days of heavy water consumption - and get about 2-3 infections that need antibiotics from the Drs

I also have had all the tests / scans / urine flow tests and biopsy's - and still no definative explanation - I now need incontinence aids - and dry nights are all gone - I think it due to the damage and lack of information triggering the brain into action - I am now battling the NHS for help with the cost of this eessential protection - I seem to have used up my NHS budget with all the tests - anyway - you are not alone - lets hope 1 day they will find out what causes this in us and that the PCT will actually fund the help we need

Adam

Chick

by Chick on Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:46 pm

hi
new on here but have you had the micturationg cystogram in case of vesicoureteric reflux. I have this and have to take prophylactic antibiotics at night
Sharon

David B

by David B on Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:04 pm

Hi there
I am new to this forum. I am 57 and also suffer from incontinence issues and have also been through the NHS system by initially bucking up the courage to going and seeing my GP who then wrote to the Urology Consultant of my local hospital. I received my hospital appointment but just dreaded the eventual appointment date however, taking my Wife made it a lot easier. I underwent a full examination by the Uroligist and underwent various tests to include a Urodynamics test. What is interesting is the fact that I also had a scan of my Kidneys. If it is of any help to you then my problem is around the fact that I have a really small bladder but of interest is also the fact that my scan showed 2 cysts on my Kidney. I also use to suffer from more than frequent UTI's and although I still do, it is nothing like as frequent - now maybe 3 times a year. If it is of any help then I have changed from wearing disposables to wearing a traditional terry nappy and plastic pants at night. :)

4 posts