UTI and ongoing symptoms

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderator: talkhealth

5 posts
CarolynB007

by CarolynB007 on Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:26 am

UTI and ongoing symptoms

I've been diagnosed with a UTI and I am on second day of antibiotics.

I also had a fungal infection a couple of weeks ago which was missed because lack of being able to examine me.

I'm very lucky in the awful pain that I had has already gone and I am not too bad but generally how long does it take to slow down the need to go to the loo. I've actually had a really good nights sleep and only went once but this morning I'm going a little more frequently. Am I being completely impatient and should just wait and allow recovery.

I've also been booked in for an ultra sound = the doctor that came to visit me mentioned sludge in the bladder that can cause problems. Does anyone know about this?

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:20 am

Re: UTI and ongoing symptoms

Hello - We hope that your infection has cleared up by now and if not you should certainly go back to your GP who might give you a repeat prescription. Definitely one day of taking antibiotics generally wont clear up an issue and thus why it is always recommended to always take the full dose and return if you are still experiencing problems.

Not sure that sludge in the urine is a technical term but it does seem to be referred to often in general chat but more specifically in connection with bladder stones. If you are looking for this information on the internet please only read information that is from a credible evidence based website such as the NHS.

We wish you well
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

HealthStasia

by HealthStasia on Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:29 pm

Bladder sludge also called hypercalcinuria is a thickening of the urine with calcium salts and does not flow as normal liquid urine should.

Latrice Sang

by Latrice Sang on Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:45 pm

I hope you are better now, drink lots of water and if you can, drink coconut water

athena123456

by athena123456 on Fri Jun 16, 2023 10:27 am

UTIs are infections that can occur anywhere along the urinary tract, including the bladder, urethra, ureters, and kidneys. They are typically caused by bacteria entering the urethra and spreading to other parts of the urinary tract.

Common symptoms of UTIs include:

Frequent urge to urinate.
Pain or burning sensation during urination.
Cloudy or strong-smelling urine.
Lower abdominal pain or discomfort.
Feeling tired or shaky.
Blood in the urine (hematuria) in some cases.
If you are experiencing ongoing symptoms despite treatment for a UTI, it's important to consult a healthcare professional. They can evaluate your condition and determine the appropriate course of action. Ongoing symptoms might indicate that the initial treatment was ineffective or that there could be another underlying cause for your symptoms.

In some cases, recurrent UTIs or persistent symptoms could be caused by factors such as antibiotic resistance, anatomical abnormalities, hormonal changes, or other underlying medical conditions. A healthcare professional will be able to conduct further tests, such as urine culture, to identify the specific bacteria causing the infection and prescribe an appropriate antibiotic if necessary.

Remember, it's always best to seek medical advice from a healthcare professional who can provide you with personalized guidance based on your specific situation.

5 posts