Radiation nerve damage

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
Sharon Jean

by Sharon Jean on Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:18 am

Radiation nerve damage

In August I thought I was getting a UTI or a bladder infection.. so I drink a lot of cranberry juice and finally ended up making a Dr appointment. Before my appointment I ended up in the ER because I couldn't pee at all. They drained over a thousand cc's of urine from me. I had an indwelling catheter for a week while I waited to see a urologist. It was finally decided that this was yet another symptom of radiation that I had years and years ago when I had cancer. So for about 4 months now I have been self cathing. My problem is it hurts a lot, I'm always sore and sometimes I bleed. I've been reading all over on here that people can do it in their sleep and not even remember if they cathed that morning because it doesn't hurt them a bit. I also have lymphedema which causes a whole lot of swelling - my legs and sometimes even my privates swell. Before this happened I had to get up two to five times a night to urinate. Does cathing hurt anyone else??

healthcare247

by healthcare247 on Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:58 am

Re: Radiation nerve damage

Yes, cathetine hurt if not been fit properly or frequently goes in and out so it hurts the inner lining of lumine which get swells so please take care by using cather.

2 posts