Male Sling Surgery

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
TimHensby

by TimHensby on Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:26 pm

Male Sling Surgery

I have been offered the male sling surgery procedure in an attempt to help with stress urinary incontinence although I do have urge incontinence as well.

Has anyone had this operation done? I would like to know firstly how successful it was but also how quickly you recovered from the operation? Did you have a lot of pain afterwards and once healed are the scars very bad?

Any information appreciated as I am very uncertain about whether to go ahead with this especially as I know it will not be a total solution.

Thank you

laurence79

by laurence79 on Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:43 pm

Re: Male Sling Surgery

I would also like to know about this operation. Over the last six years I have tried all the various medication and have had operations on my bladder neck and prostate, with little effect on my incontinence. Currently I have next to no control of my bladder and need to use protection 24/7.
I am meeting with my consultant in April and from previous conversations there are a few choices left.

1. Stay as I am and rely on protection
2. Have a sling fitted
3. Use catheters
4. Have an artificial valve fitted
5. Botox into bladder

All the above have some draw backs and none can guarantee to make me dry with the exception if the valve, but that has other issues.

Any ideas and/or experiences would be welcome

2 posts