I can't control my bladder!

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
blackbird11

by blackbird11 on Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:57 pm

I can't control my bladder!

For the last 6 months or so I've been having real bladder control problems, and I just haven't been able to bring myself to go to the doctor about it.

It started off quite mild and it's gradually been getting worse and worse. At the beginning, I would suddenly need to go to the loo and would have to make a dash for it. Lately it's been getting more and more frequent and often I find myself not getting to a toilet in time.

It's a really strange feeling to describe... I just get this sudden BURST of needing to go and I can't hold on.

And I don't know if other people notice. I am having usually around 4 - 5 accidents a week, I've taken to wearing a pad all the time... Sometimes I don't even get any warning, it just comes and I'm wet before I know it.

I just don't know what to do!

laurence79

by laurence79 on Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:36 pm

Re: I can't control my bladder!

I know exactly how you feel. I have been having problems for the last six years. I know it is really hard to go to the doctors and really embarrassing. But it is the best thing to do. In my case the medics have not managed to help with the incontinence so far, but they have been able too rule out any serious causes.
I know from experience that it is hard to admit to your doctor that you are wetting yourself and in m case my bed at night, but it is not out of the ordinary for them and from my experience they are really caring and feel for your embarasment. The same goes for having a medical examination when wearing a pad. Really embaracing the first time, but it gets easier and it's not a problem for the medics.
In short I think you should at least get checked out by your GP, it will be hard, but it is the best thing to do.
Good luck!

2 posts