Bladder augmentation due to vesicovaginal fistula

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
chrisgreece

by chrisgreece on Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:09 am

Bladder augmentation due to vesicovaginal fistula

Hi, just wanted to share my story and see if any of you has a good piece of advice for me. 8 months ago I had a total hysterectomy (leaving ovaries) because of cervical cancer. Two weeks after the surgery I was diagnosed with a vesicovaginal fistula. That's a passage between my bladder and my vagina, at the size of 2cm, who left me fully incontinent. I have had two surgical attemps to repair it but they both failed. Urologist who performed my last cystoscopy said that the size of my bladder has reduced so he suggested a bladder augmentation to treat both this problem and the fistula as well. I have been wearing a supra catheter for 7 months now (and Folley as well from time to time ) and I am leaking anyway. In order to have the cystoplasty the doctor said that I'll have to take the supra off for a whole months, to be treated with antibiotics in order to prepare my body for this big surgery. I don't know yet if I am going to self catheterize, have Mitrofanoff or pee normally. Has anyone here had full incontinence and how you've treated that? I won't be able to have a catheter that means I'll have to wear diapers. But from the amount of fluids I take, I assume I'll be fully wetting them every hour or so. If you have similar experience or some good piece of advice I could use some, because the thought of what's to come, makes me sad, miserable and terrified.
01/02 Cervical cancer diagnosed
13/02/2014 Cone ectomy
10/03 Hysterectomy
07/04 Fistula repair (failed)
18/09 Fistula repair (f again)
Bladder augmentation in 2015

talalabd1

by talalabd1 on Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:13 pm

Re: Bladder augmentation due to vesicovaginal fistula

So many peope think that the bladder contro formula named flotrol is the solution for all bladder problems,
is that true?
Get your arthritis pain free guide ==> http://www.flotrole.com/arthritis-pain

2 posts