young lady with catheter bag

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderator: talkhealth

3 posts
hannahawkins

by hannahawkins on Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:17 am

young lady with catheter bag

Hi I'm Hannah and I'm 28 years old and I've just been told (three days ago) that due to a spinal injury the sensation to urinate will never return and I will need to have a catheter for life. Finding it difficult at the moment to except this not the medical reason as I understand that fully but the realisation that I will always have a catheter. Looking on all the websites for bags and to me they all seem massive... my first thought was no more skinny jeans!!! My incontinence nurse who is lovely at the hospital did admit that most of her patients are older than me and perhaps dont have issues with the size of the bag or valve. It would be lovely to hear some advice and support. Thank you xxx

bluebell466

by bluebell466 on Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:15 pm

Re: young lady with catheter bag

Hi,
I had a supra public catheter fitted in March this year, after suffering terrible incontinence for many years. I too have spinal injury and have been in a wheelchair for 25 years. I am 60 years old but I like to wear skinny jeans, shorts and leggings too. When wearing shorts or knee length skirts I use a thigh bag. They are great and can be found on the Manfred Sauer website. If I'm wearing trousers or leggins I wear a standard 350ml bag on my calf and wear boots so that hides the bag.
I hope that helps you.

3 posts