ReCurring UTIs,

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderator: talkhealth

3 posts
mike@ankspon.plus.com

by mike@ankspon.plus.com on Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:18 pm

ReCurring UTIs,

Hi Guys

I am a problem with recurring UTIs. Been going on for 6 months or more. I have been on all the antibiotics available. I had a Cystography last Friday which showed as all clear.

The Consultant in Urology here at York Teaching Hospital has offered me a min 6 week course of Bladder Instillation. Apparently this is perfromed by injecting chemicals direct into the bladder via a catherter. He warned me that this procedure is not guaranteed to work. But there is nothing else available. I will try anything now as I have no life.

I self catherise (ISC) and have been doing so for 3yrs or so. I have had yearly UTIs which were all treated with Trimethoprim successuly. What happens now is that I take a 14 day course of differnt antibiotic, clears the bladder for about 6/7 days and then the ecoli rears its ugly head again. So I take another 14 day course of ANTIB and the cycle repeats itself. I have tried all the household remedies, like cider vinegar, neat Lemon Barley Water, D-Manoose, and other items. None of these have worked.

I am wondering if anyone else has suffered this way and can offer a solution or 2. I would be grateful to make contact.

Best Wishes - Mike Hardy YORK

philip25

by philip25 on Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:38 am

Re: ReCurring UTIs,

I have been self cathing for 12 years.A couple of years ago I started getting UTI type symptoms on a regular basis.When the dip test was done by my GP no infection showing.He tells me it is due to "trauma" in the neck of the bladder.Started taking Cefalexin antibiotic 500 mugs a day ongoing for several years.Recently I spoke to new GP re antibiotics "scare"long term.Suggested I stop taking the pills due to possible long term problems.
I am now three weeks without the cefalexin symptoms have returned.Like you I have tried most things yogurt cranberry etc.
Sorry I can't be more helpful.But you are to not alone .
Let me know how the instillation goes.
Regards
Philip,
South Staffs

danakerr

by danakerr on Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:05 pm

Re: ReCurring UTIs,

Taking fresh young coconut water is effective in treatment of UTI. Try it with a prescribed antibiotic. This is not only effective, but healthy as well. Some substitute fresh young coconut water with their drinking water. There is no overdose and you can drink it anytime, anywhere.

While on treatment, avoid beverages. Just stick to the young juice and water to flush out the bacteria.

You are not alone. Get well soon.

3 posts