Best products for stress incontinence - running

Moderator: talkhealth

9 posts
Runningfit

by Runningfit on Tue May 01, 2012 2:00 pm

Best products for stress incontinence - running

Hi everyone,
I'm very new to this, I'm 33 and have a weak bladder through having children, although it never bothered me much as I'd try to avoid certain things (jumping ect) I've now discovered running......and I love it, I'm running twice a week and can't believe how much I like it(I hate exercise!!)
My problem is, is that I leak so badly, my trousers will be visibly wet (even with pads) I'm embarrassed and hate it. I've got by this by running with a jacket tied round my waist so no one can tell but I can't go on like this,

The protection I've been using are two ultra absorbent towels specifically for time of the month, will continance pads be more absorbent? Also has anyone got a preferred product.....I keep looking at the tena pants just for run but not sure if they would be any better?

Please help, I'm so embarrassed about this, I've been to docs and she said I need to do 3 month of kegals, which I'm doing but this is a slow process

Thank you

ColetteCooper

by ColetteCooper on Thu May 03, 2012 9:59 am

Re: Best products for stress incontinence - running

Hi

Thank you for posting.

Have a look at the range of products from Henleys Medical Supplies

They are really good at sending samples out if you get in touch.

Good look!

B&BF

by B&BF on Wed May 09, 2012 12:21 pm

Hello

On the B&BF website you'll find information on stress urinary incontinence, product choice and treatments. Please click on this link http://www.bladderandbowelfoundation.or ... inence.asp to view the section.

Hope this helps you.

Regards

B&BF
The Bladder & Bowel Foundation (B&BF)

Helpline: 0845 345 0165
General enquiries: 01536 533255
Email: info@bladderandbowelfoundation.org
http://www.bladderandbowelfoundation.org

Bec

by Bec on Thu May 10, 2012 6:31 pm

Hi Runningfit,

I'm 31 and also suffer with the same problem. I try to stay active, and I've found the best product for running (and wearing at the gym on the cardio machines) are Tena Flex. They are breathable and don't cause any problems with friction (for me at least), and the belt fastening system is very strong and doesn't seem to mind getting a bit clammy from sweat (sorry if TMI!). They are very absorbent, which is good for me as I need that protection, especially if I'm doing exercise.

See what you think!
http://www.allaboutincontinence.co.uk/t ... fAodQ1_uFQ

(I have no connection with any of the companies, I just pasted the first link from Google. I hope that's ok for this forum).

Good luck!
Bec

whiskas

by whiskas on Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:03 pm

Runningfit wrote:Hi everyone,
I'm very new to this, I'm 33 and have a weak bladder through having children, although it never bothered me much as I'd try to avoid certain things (jumping ect) I've now discovered running......and I love it, I'm running twice a week and can't believe how much I like it(I hate exercise!!)
My problem is, is that I leak so badly, my trousers will be visibly wet (even with pads) I'm embarrassed and hate it. I've got by this by running with a jacket tied round my waist so no one can tell but I can't go on like this,

The protection I've been using are two ultra absorbent towels specifically for time of the month, will continance pads be more absorbent? Also has anyone got a preferred product.....I keep looking at the tena pants just for run but not sure if they would be any better?

Please help, I'm so embarrassed about this, I've been to docs and she said I need to do 3 month of kegals, which I'm doing but this is a slow process

Thank you
Hi the very best thing that I have found is a device called incofree,it is worn inside the body and once you get used to putting it in it is wonderful no more leaking at all, no more pads. It is now available on prescription which it has not been before. I buy mine as I don't want to see the doctor about this problem too embarassed. Just look up incofree on any web search and you will find it.

np23

by np23 on Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:27 pm

Using incontinence pads will be much better than using regular menstrual pads because incontinence pads are meant to absorb urine. Poise pads are thin, discreet, and absorbent. I would suggest you keep doing your kegels well beyond just three months. You can try using vaginal weights to help you with the kegel exercises. You can also practice timed voiding or bladder retraining. Good luck!
Last edited by admin on Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: URL links to a range of products removed - product promotion not permitted in our forums - see forum rules

jackflaming

by jackflaming on Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:49 pm

I am an incontinence patient and I am using adult diapers that I had purchased from an online store. These diaper pads are really good and are really efficient in dealing with my condition.
Last edited by admin on Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: URL promoting products removed - not permitted - see forum rules

jerrysmith

by jerrysmith on Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:46 am

Stress incontinence is a very common problem in all the people who have weak bladder and I know its create a very embarrassing situation in front of others, but there are many good incontinence pads are available in market, you can contact to medical supplies companies for it. Incontinence pads are available in each size. I also availed from these pads for my grandmother.
Last edited by admin on Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: URL advertising a website selling incontinence products removed - against forum rules.

RunFastMom

by RunFastMom on Wed May 08, 2013 9:24 pm

Hi ladies,

I have dealt with stress incontinence for years, and most often resorted to a pad or disposable products, which is a horrid experience when trying to exercise and do long runs especially... A friend of mine just linked me to a new underwear line, which is gaining a lot of ground that is made specifically for stress incontinence, and it's fashionable not dumpy, the best I've seen in that small and nearly nonexistent market.

Best of luck!

xoxo
Last edited by admin on Thu May 09, 2013 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: URL to site advertising underwear removed as advertising in forums is not permitted - see forum rules.

9 posts