PVC / Plastic Pants

Moderator: talkhealth

23 posts
Sapphire1

by Sapphire1 on Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:05 pm

Re: PVC / Plastic Pants

trapfield wrote: I have found plastic pants uncomfortable. I get pads from NHS but are not good enough for night as they leak at sides. I have been buying pants from boots with only two tapes and wearing them under pants or shorts . they do not leak at side .Are there any pants like them that I can get in bulk NHS will not give them to me? :)

Thanks & Best Wishes to all

Un fortunately the British National Health service don't cater for style or for too much comfort they cater for the mass and for necessity if a client needs incontinence attire there attitude is here you are disposable Diapers / nappies and oh here's a pair of clear plastic pants to go with them! usually the NHS get a discount for taking their slightly imperfect incontinence pants I know of clients whom have had really thick pairs and some with really nice and thin ones .....It's the Luck of the draw with the NHS .
YES the diapers that I have seen that have been given to clients have a mesh type side this is supposed not to let urine out but to let air in but it doesn't work they leak ! they have 4 re usable tabs two either side one for the waist and the other for the leg!. unfortunately I don't think i am able to mention company names but if you are looking for a good pair of plastic pant then there is a German company whom the client's I have come across have said they are excellent a bit pricey but well worth the Money they are not clear plastic they come in different colors as well as a clear or milky option.

uksimon60

by uksimon60 on Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:28 pm

Thank god its not just me.

I have diabetes and apparently its done some nerve damage. At first it was when I have to go I HAVE to go, I am sure you know what I mean. Now its turned into just going. Sometimes no warning at all.

I can normally control what and when I eat but sometimes when we are out it can be terrible. I feel there is nothing more degrading than incontinence you cannot control. I had to go through what I felt like was a humiliating experience of chatting to the incontinence nurse. She did give me pads to try but they were simply not adequate. So I bought myself some pull up type incontinence wear and they work well and use them instead of everyday underwear. My problem lies in when I am out, esp with friends for meals etc or at night when I am sound asleep.

I have plastic pants. They do work. But I feel, well its hard to describe how I feel. I dread anyone seeing me in them. Even the nurse I mentioned earlier said I should not be wearing them. But all they have to offer is pads that dont work. When I told her this she just said if they are no use to you we will stop them. So now I dont even get those.

I have worn the plastic pants to bed and when we go out but as I said before I dont like doing it. I feel almost like a pervert. To my my mind only a baby should wear plastic panties and a nappy.

Sad git eh?

happy dave

by happy dave on Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:26 pm

hi to all
please can any one tell me why the NHS wont supply waterproof pants .
i have been suplyed pads by NHS for a few years now I used to get the tena flex witch were great while I worked .now I have retierd I changed my pads to the comfort as they are more manageable for me
due to a bit of athuritus the net pants hold up well keeping the pads in place but I leak badley at times
wores at night my wife got me some plastic pants from boots but not verey good for me ,
for some reason I was told the NHS don't recommend them why .

happy dave life goes on

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:02 pm

Hi happy dave,

Sorry to hear the NHS are not supplying the pads that work best for you.

I thought this conversation within another thread about incontinence pads may be helpful to read-

https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/f ... 130&t=8713

Will they supply the pads you want to use on prescription or not at all?

Best wishes
Helen
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

happy dave

by happy dave on Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:29 pm

hi helen
please forgive the way I posted my message what I meant to say was I do get my pads from
the NHS. before I used to get the tena flex belted pads witch were great when I was working I could go a long time before I needed to change and they verey rearley leaked plus at night we had protection on the bed so not too bad .because I have problems with my hands some times . so I asked to change my supleys from the tena flex to the tena comfort as they are better for me to andle and change when I need to the net pants witch they supley as well old the pad in place trouble is they leak very quickly at any time so I asked for some waterproof pants to help with leaks and I was told they don't recommend them I would have to get my own or I could change back but I don't want that sorry to boar you all.

happy dave

happy dave

by happy dave on Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:56 pm

hi
when I first started with incontinence some years ago I went through all the tests going for ultra sound water pressure tests even as far as a camera being used that was not pleasant at all taken vesicare tablets
I don't think they ever worked I never noticed any difrence at all I was offerd botox not realey keen on that score I even tried the sheath and leg bag what a waste of time for me they were so ence the pads the ones I got at first had plastic backing then they changed to the feel dry i.e cloth type backing so I can now understand why people recommend and want waterproof pants trouble is they can be expensive items to buy

happy dave :)

happy dave

by happy dave on Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:40 pm

hi once again
sorry about the witering on I suppose we should be thank full for receiving our pads on the NHS I am on max amount I can get . so it saves me a lot of money so to buy waterproof pants is a small price to pay considering . would like to chat with others I am in Yorkshire .

happy dave : :)

23 posts