PVC / Plastic Pants

Moderator: talkhealth

23 posts
adamjonuk

by adamjonuk on Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:25 pm

PVC / Plastic Pants

Well - I dont know if I am currentlyy th eonly user on here that wears these for extra non leak protection - but I have only one word to introduce this topic OUCH

If there are any other users out there - how do you cope with the lack of comfort around the legs and waist - I realsie they have to be tight elastic of there is no point to them - but is there a way to ease the feeling and make them more bearable

Another forum suggested wearing boxer short or such like underneath - great i thought - until I tried it and relaised that the shorts got wet and were just as uncomfortable

So my questions are

1) Is there a way to make it better
2) What alternatives do you all all use - especially at night when pads and diapers tend to leak more

Thanks in Advance

Tim

by Tim on Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:31 am

Re: PVC / Plastic Pants

Hi Adam

Your right about PVC / Plastic pants - ouch!, I have had to use them for so many years now I have just accepted them as part of my underwear, I hate using them in the day time but I suppose they do give extra security of a Inco pad particularly if in long meetings sitting down or long journeys. But I do use them at night all the time as Inco pads always leak with me and these days I have found the only totally reliable way of keeping the bed dry is to use a towelling nappy – this may sound extreme but I saw some figures recently that showed more than 50% of men that suffer with night time problems use traditional nappies rather than disposable pads!!,

With regards to your question about leg elastics I personally have found that buying better quality plastic pants does make a difference and I tend to get mine from the States and I will buy half a dozen pairs at a time and fully check measurements before ordering, leg, waist, hip etc I also prefer what’s known as covered elastics

Hope this helps
Tim

jackflaming

by jackflaming on Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:49 am

I am glad to know that I am not alone here who is suffering from this problem. I am an incontinence patient for more than one year and am using incontinence products including diapers, ]incontinence pads, etc. to cope with my situation. I am also doing Kegels regularly. Though it is showing effect, but still leak frequently and have to use my adult diapers whenever I go outside.

Jack
Last edited by admin on Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: URL promoting products removed - not permitted - see forum rules

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:18 am

Hello adamjonuk

Thank your post - we are doing some Tweeting about our forums so hopefully we may attract someone who could offer you some help here. If not, the Bladder & Bowel Foundation come into our forums and may be able to help.

I hope you can find some answers here.
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

Ricc1948

by Ricc1948 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:19 pm

It's hard to be incontinent at a young age but I refuse to let it ruin my life
Good for you Jimmy! I like your attitude. I've only recently started to suffer from incontinence (bladder and bowel) and for me it's a constant temptation to pass up on things where I fear I might be "caught out."

BucksSean

by BucksSean on Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:08 pm

adamjonuk wrote:Well - I dont know if I am currentlyy th eonly user on here that wears these for extra non leak protection - but I have only one word to introduce this topic OUCH

If there are any other users out there - how do you cope with the lack of comfort around the legs and waist - I realsie they have to be tight elastic of there is no point to them - but is there a way to ease the feeling and make them more bearable

Another forum suggested wearing boxer short or such like underneath - great i thought - until I tried it and relaised that the shorts got wet and were just as uncomfortable

So my questions are

1) Is there a way to make it better
2) What alternatives do you all all use - especially at night when pads and diapers tend to leak more

Thanks in Advance

I have found that some plastic pants are a lot more comfortable than others. Suprima ones are just right, also there is an American make called Gary that are really comfy. I hardly feel like I'm wearing them. Pricey but priceless!

trapfield

by trapfield on Wed May 15, 2013 9:14 am

I have found plastic pants uncomfortable. I get pads from NHS but are not good enough fo night as they leak at sides. I have been buying pants from boots with only two tapes and wearing them under pants or shorts . they do not leak at side .Are there any pants like them that I can get in bulk NHS will not give them to me? :)

Thanks & Best Wishes to all

jerrysmith677

by jerrysmith677 on Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:09 pm

Plastic pants are good, but not great! there are many harmful effects of plastic pants that includes skin infections. There are more other options that can be used as replacement of plastic pants. Experts say that use of disposable diapers is good as compared to plastic pants.
Last edited by admin on Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: URL removed as advertising products - advertising not permitted in these forums. See forum rules.

BucksSean

by BucksSean on Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:30 pm

I used to hate them but discovered Euroflex ones by Gary. So comfortable and dependable.

23 posts