Incontinence & Equality issues

Moderator: talkhealth

7 posts
writing a policy

by writing a policy on Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:01 pm

Incontinence & Equality issues

Hi all

I was wondering if any forum members are able to help me out, please.

I work for an adult social care provider, providing personal care support to people in their own home. I am working on a Supporting Continence policy for our work and an Equalities Analysis that supports it - this used to be known as an Equality Impact Assessment and aims to understand the impact that an activity may have on different types of people. I can find information and research regarding 'disability' and incontinence (e.g. in short, for the purposes of the Equality Act 2010, a person experiencing incontinence may be considered 'disabled' and so should not be discriminated against under that protected characteristic), but not much else regarding the other protected characterisitics - race, gender, sexual orientation, gender re-assignment, age, religion/belief, pregnany/maternity, marriage & civil partnership.

Is anyone aware of good EA work or statistics in this area and could point me in the right direction, please?

(I'm beginning to suspect that I can't find much research or EAs out there because not much as been done, but want to make sure.)

thanks

writing a policy

by writing a policy on Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:53 am

Re: Incontinence & Equality issues

Hi all - just following up my request from the orinigal post. Is anyone able to help, please?
If you're not aware of any such research etc please let me know that anyway, as that would be helpful as well!

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:35 pm

Hello and welcome to our forums. I'm sorry you've not received a response to your previous post.

Unfortunately at talkhealth we don't hold any such stats. The Bowel & Bladder Foundation may be able to help you - you could try sending them a private message as they are active on our forums.

I do hope this helps and you manage to get he answers you need.
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

writing a policy

by writing a policy on Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:58 pm

Many thanks, th.
I'm looking to consult with the B&BF as well so will try to follow this up with them as well.

jackflaming

by jackflaming on Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:43 pm

I think this forum is mainly related to incontinence in adults so you will find good knowledge about the topic here, but if you are looking for characteristics like race, gender, sexual orientation, gender re-assignment, age, religion/belief, pregnany/maternity, marriage & civil partnership, you should visit other forums that discuss about these issues.

Jack
Last edited by admin on Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: URL promoting a site to purchase incontinence products removed as not permitted in our forums. See forum rules.

writing a policy

by writing a policy on Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:43 am

No probs. Thanks for the reply, Jack.

best

JustJayne01

by JustJayne01 on Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:33 am

Hi,

To be honest I don't think bladder issues/Incontinence is an area for that kind of equality; it's gone way too far has that word!
Jack is wrong, there could be someone to help you on this forum, incontinence doesn't discriminate!

7 posts