foly catheter

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
happy dave

by happy dave on Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:06 pm

foly catheter

hello all. been awhile since I was last on but lately I have been leaking and wetting the bed .
I get my pads from the nhs maxi pads they normaley last all night but lately I have leaked that much
they could not cope went to see my doctor he did a check and said I add a infection I get a burning feeling when I pass urine I have sevier urge incontinence so pee without warning sometimes no control
at all so I had a foley catheter fitted and given antibiotics to clear it up I have to use catheter for two weeks trouble is I have the constant urge to pee it never lets up I told my continence nurse he told me it would settle down is this normell

thanks
happy dave

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:33 pm

Re: foly catheter

Hi Dave,

I'm sorry to hear you've been struggling with this, it must be so difficult to have the constant feeling of needing a wee! Have you asked your continence nurse if there's something they can prescribe to reduce the needing a wee sensation?

I hope someone in the community who has gone through something like this will be able to give you more specific advice of what may help, in the meantime do keep on at your GP and incontinence nurse and let them know how uncomfortable you are.

It's hard but try and keep focused on it only being temporary and of course we're here to support you along the way.

Hope to hear you're doing better really soon,

Sally
talkhealth Community Manager
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

2 posts