Bowel accident during intercouse - advice please

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
AMMUT1999

by AMMUT1999 on Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:39 pm

Bowel accident during intercouse - advice please

Hello

I suffer from Fowlers syndrome which affects my bladder. I have a sacral nerve stimulator in place which just about treats the Condition. I now have begun to suffer from another issue and wondered if anyone had any advice.

During intercouse recently I orgasamed and sadly followed through with my bowels only a marble sized bit. But I am absolutely mortified. I have also possibly in the past lost control of my bladder slightly once at the same time as orgasaming. I do suffer from the occasional bouts of Constipation due to the medication I use. My partner is on the rather large side so im not sure if that has to do with it also.

Can anyone give me some advice on how to stop this happening again? I'm devastated this occurred. Thank you.

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:29 pm

Re: Bowel accident during intercouse - advice please

Hi there,

You poor thing! I think it's important to remember that it's not anything that is in your control. There's absolutely no difference between your experience and say, a person with epilepsy having a fit, neither are the person's fault or something to feel ashamed over. Having said that, it's absolutely understandable you felt the way you did.

The most important thing is to make sure you're getting all the care and support in managing the underlying issue you need.

It sounds like you are currently under the care of a medical professional? I know it can be ever so difficult to broach these kinds of subjects with doctors but do try and remember they're in the profession they are because they want to help.

If you haven't already visited you might find the NHS Choices page on the issue helpful: http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Incontinen ... ction.aspx

Hopefully other members of this forum will have some nuggets of wisdom for you.

Best wishes,

Sally
talkhealth Community Manager
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

2 posts