Excessive smelly wind

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderator: talkhealth

3 posts
rosiespr

by rosiespr on Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:14 pm

Excessive smelly wind

For the last couple of months I have been suffering from excessive wind - very noisy and smelly, and sometimes it just slips out when I'm in company which is extremely embarrassing - and unpleasant for others. I have been under a lot of stress this year due to my husband having cancer - could this be anything to do with it??? Or should I go and see the doctor?

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:05 pm

Re: Excessive smelly wind

Hello Rosiespr

Thank you for taking the time to post in our forums and sorry you've not had a response sooner.

We would always advocate you contact your GP, particularly if your health changes. Your wind could well be due to the stress you are under or could be something else, but it is always a good idea to rule things in or out. You may have already spoken to your GP since you posted here - if so, we'd love to hear how you got on and what your doctor said to you, and if things have improved at all.
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

victordan

by victordan on Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:41 pm

Re: Excessive smelly wind

So sorry for your problem. Indeed, it is a serious one. How are you now ?
Usually these symptoms happen because of slow digestion or other problems related to digestion. This is directly influenced by the foods you eat and your mental status (stress, worries, and so on.). Whenever you are unhappy, the intestines area will be stressed and very tensed. This causes constipation and very slow digestion.
Slow digestion starts the fermentation of fruits and sugary foods. Because of humidity and heat in the intestines, almost every meal eaten will start to ferment in small proportion. Sometimes, it`s even better to avoid fruits or foods that contain sugar (like cakes, sugary drinks, flour, cookies, pancakes, honey, and so on).
It it happens to you often and the smell is unpleasant, there are some other causes that you need to consider: maybe there are some bacteria / viruses present in your intestines. So you have to take some medical examination (blood, stool and urine) just to be sure.

I hope this helps.

3 posts